This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

corey5546

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I recently have been inundated with secondary applications and I have quick question. I have come across various essays that ask me to explain a challenging experience and how I overcame it. I have went through an illness during my sophomore year of undergrad that hurt my grades and I was able to bounce back from that, however I explained this in detail in my personal statement. Could I use this again in these secondary essays (I just feel like this fits well)? Thus far I have tried to write about unique experiences that I didn't have the space for in my primary. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,
I recently have been inundated with secondary applications and I have quick question. I have come across various essays that ask me to explain a challenging experience and how I overcame it. I have went through an illness during my sophomore year of undergrad that hurt my grades and I was able to bounce back from that, however I explained this in detail in my personal statement. Could I use this again in these secondary essays (I just feel like this fits well)? Thus far I have tried to write about unique experiences that I didn't have the space for in my primary. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!
Hi. I would avoid reiterating an experience already mentioned, unless you will be describing it in significant more detail. Try to think of another hurdle you've overcome. It doesn't need to be dramatic.

Reactions: 1 user