This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JoeSmith123

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I saw a question asking me to calculate flow rate to deliver a certain number of calories/day. The TPN solution was listed as 1.2kcal/mL +40g AA/L.

My question is, does the 1.2kcal/mL include the calories from the amino acids? Or do I have to add in those 160kcal (an additional 0.16kcal/mL).

Thanks!
 
I saw a question asking me to calculate flow rate to deliver a certain number of calories/day. The TPN solution was listed as 1.2kcal/mL +40g AA/L.

My question is, does the 1.2kcal/mL include the calories from the amino acids? Or do I have to add in those 160kcal (an additional 0.16kcal/mL).

Thanks!

I can't be sure - we would need the exact wording of the question to be sure what it says - however, just have peace in knowing that an ambiguous question like this will NOT be on the NAPLEX.