Sep 2, 2010
Status
Podiatry Student
All of the guides on the stickies on this site say "try to finish each passage in 6-7 minutes"... is this 6-7 minutes for READING the passage... or is it 6-7 minutes for reading and answering the questions?

How much time do you actually have for reading and answering the questions?

david05

PharmD/MBA
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2009
Status
Pharmacist
All of the guides on the stickies on this site say "try to finish each passage in 6-7 minutes"... is this 6-7 minutes for READING the passage... or is it 6-7 minutes for reading and answering the questions?

How much time do you actually have for reading and answering the questions?
I can feel your heart beating fast :D. you're right, 6-7 minutes: reading + answering the question for each passage. Very intense, right:D. Most of the time, people do 8 minutes for each, but we always try our best to reach 7 or 6 minutes. Then you'll have a 10 or 12 minutes for the hardest passage.

Techmed07

10+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
I can feel your heart beating fast :D. you're right, 6-7 minutes: reading + answering the question for each passage. Very intense, right:D. Most of the time, people do 8 minutes for each, but we always try our best to reach 7 or 6 minutes. Then you'll have a 10 or 12 minutes for the hardest passage.
I used the majority of my time reading the passage. 4-5 minutes and the remainding minutes (2-3 minutes) answering questions. Oh and I passage mapped as well.

fizzgig

LudicrousSpeed!
7+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2009
within the labyrinth...
Status
Medical Student
agreed, 6-7 is the target for the whole passage because some will be slower.