This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biochemjunkie4321

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
So, my question is quick so I'll get right to it. Thus far, I have had 3 interviews, with my 4th coming in January. The only decision of those schools as of now is a waitlist (which happens to be at my top school). The school prefers IS residents (I'm OOS), but they're class ends up being about 50/50 from what I can gather. The school is also receptive to post-waitlist updates and such. Anyways, since a few months ago, I've been in the works of setting up a community health screening (I live in a very small, poor, rural town with little access to advanced medical care). This health screening would include a free blood test and analysis, free vital checks, free weight checks, and free eye exams. I am coordinating with a local hospital as well as my university. If all goes as planned, this should happen sometime in the Spring. So, on to my question. I definitely want to send in a letter of intent to this school. Should I wait to send the letter of intent until maybe January? Or should I send it now and include my plans with the health screening (or wait until it actually happens)? Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Schools that are receptive to updates aren't interested on your plans, but what you've accomplished.
Goro, thanks for your reply! What are your thoughts on sending a letter of intent? Should I wait or do it soon to show initiative?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not a fan of LOI. People simply lie when they write then.

IF the school is so needy that they state they welcome them, then by all means, go ahead and send one.

Goro, thanks for your reply! What are your thoughts on sending a letter of intent? Should I wait or do it soon to show initiative?

Reactions: 1 user
I am not a fan of LOI. People simply lie when they write then.

IF the school is so needy that they state they welcome them, then by all means, go ahead and send one.
Thank you for your input!