Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those that worked before optometry school, how much time did you leave between your last day at work and the start of classes? At first I was thinking one month would be fine, but now I'm thinking I should quit earlier.
I wish I could leave now. I feel a bit guilty every time a big project comes up and I never volunteer for it like I would in the past. What makes it worse is that I just got promoted. It's going to look like I put it on cruise control just because of the promotion, but I just don't want to commit to something that I can't complete. Ahh, who am I kidding. I am on cruise control and I am comfortably resting on my laurels - haha. I know, it's not very professional, but should I really take on the stress of big projects when I know that impressing these people doesn't have a huge impact on my future career? My thinking is that I am saving my energy for the next 4 years; 4 years that will have an impact on my future patients. Tiny ethical/moral dilemma.
I wish I could leave now. I feel a bit guilty every time a big project comes up and I never volunteer for it like I would in the past. What makes it worse is that I just got promoted. It's going to look like I put it on cruise control just because of the promotion, but I just don't want to commit to something that I can't complete. Ahh, who am I kidding. I am on cruise control and I am comfortably resting on my laurels - haha. I know, it's not very professional, but should I really take on the stress of big projects when I know that impressing these people doesn't have a huge impact on my future career? My thinking is that I am saving my energy for the next 4 years; 4 years that will have an impact on my future patients. Tiny ethical/moral dilemma.

