-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Quitting and unused vacation
Started by DAW2
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I just checked my employeee's benefit website. We get banked and current vacation time cashed out.
I heard that someone who quit got a check in the mail paying her for unused vacation time for that year. Is that normal practice? or unheard of?
Depends on your state law and the company policy.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a check for my unused vacation hours when I quit my last job.
I heard that someone who quit got a check in the mail paying her for unused vacation time for that year. Is that normal practice? or unheard of?
When I quit Kroger, will I get paid for my unused vacation days?
Yes, most of the time unused vacation is normally paid out if you quit because you earn those...
Accumulated sick time lost forever if you quits, so never accumulate sick time. Always call in sick 6 days/year and don't let money hungry corporation get anything and get a free labor out of you LOL What do you get in return if you use it? Laying in a hammock in some beach while the company pays you... as long as you do it smart 😛 In another case, I know someone with 200+ hours (5 years of accumulated sick time) banked sick time quit and another one got fired... there goes almost $15,000 worth of benefit gone buh-bye.
Accumulated sick time lost forever if you quits, so never accumulate sick time. Always call in sick 6 days/year and don't let money hungry corporation get anything and get a free labor out of you LOL What do you get in return if you use it? Laying in a hammock in some beach while the company pays you... as long as you do it smart 😛 In another case, I know someone with 200+ hours (5 years of accumulated sick time) banked sick time quit and another one got fired... there goes almost $15,000 worth of benefit gone buh-bye.
Yes, most of the time unused vacation is normally paid out if you quit because you earn those...
Accumulated sick time lost forever if you quits, so never accumulate sick time. Always call in sick 6 days/year and don't let money hungry corporation get anything and get a free labor out of you LOL What do you get in return if you use it? Laying in a hammock in some beach while the company pays you... as long as you do it smart 😛 In another case, I know someone with 200+ hours (5 years of accumulated sick time) banked sick time quit and another one got fired... there goes almost $15,000 worth of benefit gone buh-bye.
What is the best way to call in sick without leaving the other pharmacist by himself. Do you just call or email your market scheduler and tell them your sick? Do you ever tell your pharmacy manager ahead of time that you will be taking a sick day? What is the best way to use all of your sick days without upsetting your co-workers or getting in trouble with your company.
Never use a sick day before a scheduled day off or a weekend off or a scheduled vacation off to avoid suspicion.
I have like 40-50 hours of sick time, I gotta start using them before I end up losing them, lol.
I have like 40-50 hours of sick time, I gotta start using them before I end up losing them, lol.
I've never used a day of unplanned sick leave out of respect for my coworkers. I've used a bunch of half-days for doctor visits, but that is planned at least a week in advance.
I've never used a day of unplanned sick leave out of respect for my coworkers. I've used a bunch of half-days for doctor visits, but that is planned at least a week in advance.
hope everyone's just like you..
I've never used a day of unplanned sick leave out of respect for my coworkers. I've used a bunch of half-days for doctor visits, but that is planned at least a week in advance.
same here. but i'm sure it will happen eventually. people get sick, family emergencies happen.
glad to be single with no kids atm. I use that as a selling point in my interviews lol
glad to be single with no kids atm. I use that as a selling point in my interviews lol
i'm shameless...i subtly advertise things that employers legally cannot ask about on interviews. no kids is one of them. actually it's the only thing, i can't think of anything else right now.
I've never used a day of unplanned sick leave out of respect for my coworkers. I've used a bunch of half-days for doctor visits, but that is planned at least a week in advance.
Over here we just gotta call out at least an hour in advance. I'll do it 6 hours in advance so they can find a per-diem.
Yes, most of the time unused vacation is normally paid out if you quit because you earn those...
Accumulated sick time lost forever if you quits, so never accumulate sick time. Always call in sick 6 days/year and don't let money hungry corporation get anything and get a free labor out of you LOL What do you get in return if you use it? Laying in a hammock in some beach while the company pays you... as long as you do it smart 😛 In another case, I know someone with 200+ hours (5 years of accumulated sick time) banked sick time quit and another one got fired... there goes almost $15,000 worth of benefit gone buh-bye.
When we were contracted out by our hospital we got shafted. Before as hospital employees, sick and PTO time were all just one big bank. Thus, if you called out sick you lost PTO time, but if you worked all year without you just got more PTO time to use/cash out.
However, after being contracted out, the new company has a sick bank and a PTO bank. We get less PTO time overall, but calling out sick does not cost you vacation/PTO time.
I always thought having sick time is stupid. As stated above, it basically makes your employees have a good reason to want to call out. If you make that call out cost them vacation time, then I would venture to say there would be a pretty sizable decrease in call outs.
hope everyone's just like you..
I have seen people call out if they get scheduled with people they do not want to work with. Of course those same people bitch when they get fired.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i'm shameless...i subtly advertise things that employers legally cannot ask about on interviews. no kids is one of them. actually it's the only thing, i can't think of anything else right now.
Employers cannot ask, but interviewees can volunteer that information if they wish.
They also cannot ask about marital status, disabilities, sexual preference, national origin, or religious beliefs unless any of those are relevant to the job.
I was very surprised to get my PTO from my last pharmacy job, because I quit without notice (something I still think about every day, 17 months later, even though I did not have a choice because had I worked there one more day, I would have been a patient in the hospital where I was working) and didn't think they would pay me. But they did, and it was over 40 hours so I was grateful. That paid my moving expenses.
Back when I was job-hunting, I had one interview that was mostly in a restaurant, and then we all drove back to the hospital. They could easily see the two paw prints in my back window, and infer from there that my children were of the 4-legged variety. 😍 And speaking of PTO, my parents were horrified when I went to work the day after one of my cats died. She died on my day off, and they didn't have bereavement leave for pets. I DID take the full 3 days when my grandmother died, even though only one would have been necessary.
Over here we just gotta call out at least an hour in advance. I'll do it 6 hours in advance so they can find a per-diem.
Every employer I've ever had, whether it was in or out of health care, recommended that people call in as soon as they knew they weren't going to make it in. It's just good practice to do so.
I have seen people call out if they get scheduled with people they do not want to work with. Of course those same people bitch when they get fired.
That happened one time at the hospital. She didn't work there very long, although for other reasons. It was a tech who didn't like a certain other tech, and told them the truth as to why she wasn't going to come in that night. 🙄 And this was a woman in her 40s.
When I was in school, I worked at a restaurant with two guys, E and F, who were both gay, and neither was as closeted as he thought he was. Either of them alone was OK, but the two of them together created a very uncomfortable work environment. F only worked Saturday evenings, because he had another job, so I told the scheduler what was going on and that I would indeed call in sick if I was ever scheduled to work in the same banquet room with both of them. I must not have been the only one who complained, because they stopped scheduling E on Saturday nights, something only he and I seemed to notice. 😀 He was absolutely clueless as to why, and I certainly wasn't going to say anything.
p.s. I left that job several months before graduation, because I was sent out of state on rotations.
I picked up sooo many intern shifts because of techs doing this. One of the full time techs didn't like to work with floaters, and I rather liked it, because it was a different pharmacist to talk to and everybody's got different stuff to tell you.I have seen people call out if they get scheduled with people they do not want to work with. Of course those same people bitch when they get fired.
I picked up sooo many intern shifts because of techs doing this. One of the full time techs didn't like to work with floaters, and I rather liked it, because it was a different pharmacist to talk to and everybody's got different stuff to tell you.
Yes I also picked up more than a few shifts this way. Likewise I enjoyed the change from working with different RPhs.
I would be so pissed if a tech called out because I was floating through.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 1K