Quitting fellowship

Started by Im312
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Im312

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am thinking about quitting my fellowship, which is a aoa fellowship. The program had a attending quit last year and now only has one attending, who is quite malicious to say the least. I just don't want my life to be miserable everyday. I hate waking up and having to go into work. There has been numerous meetings with faculty regarding her behavior and nothing has been changed. Thing is I would be quitting now, which is not even quite mid year. I don't know if the contract is valid as we only have one attending. What would the repercussions be if I quit now? I cannot bear with this terrible program until July. I would just be continuing IM.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a 2nd year. If they AoA found out we only had one attending then the program would be put on probation. That is the case though, as hard as that is to believe. On top of that she is malignant.
 
You should slap her...then quit


QUOTE="Im312, post: 16959027, member: 478092"]I am a 2nd year. If they AoA found out we only had one attending then the program would be put on probation. That is the case though, as hard as that is to believe. On top of that she is malignant.[/QUOTE]