Quotable Quotes from Drug Reps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Monarch

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
You may already be tired of me talking about drug reps from this thread,

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=230532

But if you're not, here's an idea. I want to know what the most quotable quotes people have from drug reps, and what kind of food they were serving when they said it. I'll start.

Drug Dealer #1: "You might say to yourself, this drug is WAY too expensive. But to that I say, is it more expensive than ....say.... a funeral?" :eek: (Drug Dealer #1 served this up with Hawaiian barbecue.)

Drug Dealer #2: [after bringing food to a pharmacy where our work load was temporarily increased due to the Hurricane Rita evacuations.] "This meal is just our way of giving hurricane relief to you guys, because we know that it must have been really incredibly hard for you guys in this time of disaster." (Note, our pharmacy and the homes of everyone who works there had absolutely NO damage, NO flooding, and NO power outage, and NO big deal. as opposed to the many many many people who lost jobs, homes, and the ability to pay for overpriced lunch, let alone overpriced drugs. You know, people you USUALLY think of when "hurricane relief" comes up.) (Drug Dealer #2 Served this up with huge portions of Italian food, with lots of leftovers.)

Any takers? Tell us a quotable quote from a drug rep, and what additional bullsh** you were eating at the time.

Members don't see this ad.

Monarch said:
You may already be tired of me talking about drug reps from this thread,

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=230532

But if you're not, here's an idea. I want to know what the most quotable quotes people have from drug reps, and what kind of food they were serving when they said it. I'll start.

Drug Dealer #1: "You might say to yourself, this drug is WAY too expensive. But to that I say, is it more expensive than ....say.... a funeral?" :eek: (Drug Dealer #1 served this up with Hawaiian barbecue.)

Drug Dealer #2: [after bringing food to a pharmacy where our work load was temporarily increased due to the Hurricane Rita evacuations.] "This meal is just our way of giving hurricane relief to you guys, because we know that it must have been really incredibly hard for you guys in this time of disaster." (Note, our pharmacy and the homes of everyone who works there had absolutely NO damage, NO flooding, and NO power outage, and NO big deal. as opposed to the many many many people who lost jobs, homes, and the ability to pay for overpriced lunch, let alone overpriced drugs. You know, people you USUALLY think of when "hurricane relief" comes up.) (Drug Dealer #2 Served this up with huge portions of Italian food, with lots of leftovers.)

Any takers? Tell us a quotable quote from a drug rep, and what additional bullsh** you were eating at the time.

I just might decide to sell my soul and become a drug rep... :oops: Afterall, isn't it one of the highest paying jobs a pharmD can get?

ethyl said:
I just might decide to sell my soul and become a drug rep... :oops: Afterall, isn't it one of the highest paying jobs a pharmD can get?
I don't think that I've ever actually met a drug rep who was a PharmD. Most of them had marketing degrees and a little biology thrown in. The ones that I've met who are PharmD's are the drug company reps.

Members don't see this ad :)
some of my classmates have talked about being drug reps

bbmuffin said:
some of my classmates have talked about being drug reps

I think that if the job has to exist, it should be limited to pharmds or mds. I would much rather ask a pharmd about a new drug than a marketing major.

Monarch said:
I think that if the job has to exist, it should be limited to pharmds or mds. I would much rather ask a pharmd about a new drug than a marketing major.

A pharmacist that I interviewed for one of my assignments said that he only perks up and listens when he finds out that the sales rep is a registered pharmacist.