Quote of the Day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyway, my mom went through this too - when she became more serious, she had to get a new husband.

From the drama queen threads in the spouses section. OMG, this is the reason I will NEVER get married.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!
All male pathologists be warned: Dump all GFs upon entry into residency, trust me, start fresh, start clean! (that includes you VegascumUCSF dude)

Members don't see this ad.

I would be interested to see the context of this thread. I got divorced after starting pharmacy school. There was a big disparity between my ex's expectations and what I needed to actually get done to get through school. Of course, that is one of many contributing factors. But, I can sympathize with people who begin to have problems with their spouses when they begin medical school. Not every family can cope. And, not all spouses are supportive, unfortunately.

Members don't see this ad :)
LADoc00 said:
From the drama queen threads in the spouses section. OMG, this is the reason I will NEVER get married.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!
(that includes you VegascumUCSF dude)

Glad that you singled me out. My girlfriend knows precisely what she got herself into when she signed up. We have spent the duration of my medschool career (3 years) apart, and I don't foresee any problems with my work hours when we finally live together. Actually, it might be pretty sweet to see each other more often than once a month for 2-3 days.

by the way what the hell is this?: "VegascumUCSF dude"

UCSFbound said:
by the way what the hell is this?: "VegascumUCSF dude"
That's easy...he is referring to your proximity to Vegas. Second, he is calling you scum. The UCSF part...I had to think about for a few minutes before figuring it out. I'm gonna have to go out on a limb by saying that he just might be referring to the fact that you have UCSF in your user handle. Just a guess though...

AndyMilonakis said:
That's easy...he is referring to your proximity to Vegas. Second, he is calling you scum. The UCSF part...I had to think about for a few minutes before figuring it out. I'm gonna have to go out on a limb by saying that he just might be referring to the fact that you have UCSF in your user handle. Just a guess though...

I was in fact wondering if he did mean to say "Vegas scum". Its interesting if thats the case, since he is contemplating taking a job in Nevada. Looks like he would have to change his name to "LVscumDoc00". At any rate, I am just thankful that I don't have to live in Pasadena ;)

UCSFbound said:
I was in fact wondering if he did mean to say "Vegas scum". Its interesting if thats the case, since he is contemplating taking a job in Nevada. Looks like he would have to change his name to "LVscumDoc00". At any rate, I am just thankful that I don't have to live in Pasadena ;)
I propose "LVsmegmaDoc00".

Thank you.

AndyMilonakis said:
I propose "LVsmegmaDoc00".

Thank you.

you said "smegma". Reminds me of anatomy lab first year. One of the guys in my class was talking (very graphically) about smegma to one of the "religious-virgin" girls in the class (she had never seen a penis before that point). The anatomy instructor walked by and heard the conversation, and said "Smegma? What do you want to know about smegma?". Then proceeded to lecture the a small enclave of students about smegma.

:laugh: I couldnt remember if youre handle had Las Vegas and UCSF in it, so I created the Vegas cum UCSF thing (cum being Latin for with). I was directly it at you because I thought you were doing the whole Bay Area thing due to a GF. Maybe I heard that wrong.

I have to give myself props for this, I thought it was a riot. :laugh:
LADOC to EMDOC on EM thread:
Better yet you could become famous by leading a band of med student EM wannabees and securing the US-Mexican border to prevent more uninsured from tainting your payer mix.

LADoc00 said:
:laugh: I couldnt remember if youre handle had Las Vegas and UCSF in it, so I created the Vegas cum UCSF thing (cum being Latin for with). I was directly it at you because I thought you were doing the whole Bay Area thing due to a GF. Maybe I heard that wrong.

I have to give myself props for this, I thought it was a riot. :laugh:
LADOC to EMDOC on EM thread:

No harm no foul, and yeah, that is pretty funny and oh-so-true.

UCSFbound said:
The anatomy instructor walked by and heard the conversation, and said "Smegma? What do you want to know about smegma?". Then proceeded to lecture the a small enclave of students about smegma.
How much can there possibly be said about smegma? :confused:

Then again, maybe I don't want to know. I have an aversion to the word "smegma" in the range of what most guys have to the word "circumcision".