QVault, Achiever, Topscore, CrackDAT- Which is best? Pros/Cons?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

virtualmaster999

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

So I'm wondering which of these resources would be best to invest in. I already have bootcamp and destroyer, but I'm looking for something that will give me good practice for full lengths/ subject tests (ESPECIALLY PAT). What is best for my money? I can only get one, MAYBE 2 if not too expensive. Also, I'm not sure of the specifics in each (if they offer full length, subject tests, etc). What is best? Pros/Cons?

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

In my opinion Achiever sucks. All it manages to do is ruin your confidence. Bootcamp and Destroyer are the two best resources in my opinion.

I'm taking the DAT in two weeks and I was in the same boat so I ended up getting qvault after a lot of research

So far I have done the BIO PAT and QR

I'd say the BIO is definitely worth it
The PAT is alright but Bootcamp is better however the PAT on qvault offers another style in a sense I think getting too used to bootcamp can throw you off when the actual dat differs in the style of things like keyhole and tfe

The QR so far is good to practice problems you can get right whereas bootcamp challenges

Reactions: 1 user
I'm taking the DAT in two weeks and I was in the same boat so I ended up getting qvault after a lot of research

The PAT is alright but Bootcamp is better however the PAT on qvault offers another style in a sense I think getting too used to bootcamp can throw you off when the actual dat differs in the style of things like keyhole and tfe

The QR so far is good to practice problems you can get right whereas bootcamp challenges

I'm thinking of getting qvault also, I already have the bio which I really like. How would you say the PAT differs from bootcamp? Can you save questions like you can in the bio section?

I'm still deciding if I should get the whole qvault package or just certain sections...I only have 3 weeks till my DAT so I don't know if I'd have time to go through all of it :/

Members don't see this ad :)

Is QVault subject tests, or does it have full lengths too? Did you find the PAT section similar in difficulty to bootcamp's?

Qvault is like bootcamp

10 individual test of each subject, I ended up getting the whole thing In case I did all of the test and end up paying more than the package can't put a price on a good DAT score I guess?

Most people say that qvault PAT is much easier than the actual but I would imagine it is on par except for angles being easier. I think it is only slightly easier than BC.
The keyholes are a little crappier drawings which resembles like 2007 dat. Tfe I think has a few problems but it makes you think about tfe in different styles than BC focuses on.

Reactions: 1 users
Qvault is like bootcamp

10 individual test of each subject, I ended up getting the whole thing In case I did all of the test and end up paying more than the package can't put a price on a good DAT score I guess?

Most people say that qvault PAT is much easier than the actual but I would imagine it is on par except for angles being easier. I think it is only slightly easier than BC.
The keyholes are a little crappier drawings which resembles like 2007 dat. Tfe I think has a few problems but it makes you think about tfe in different styles than BC focuses on.

Hmm I see what you mean. If I plan to get it for PAT or RC is it worth it (trying to focus difficulty-wise)? Or should I go with another source for these sections?

I would say no.

If you are looking to get in the upper 20's then all the practice you can get may help. But bootcamp really should be enough for most people.

If I could do it all over again I would focus on qvault first (except bio) and do bootcamp after.

On the one hand qvault is pricey and it's not the best resource, on the other I can't say that I regret getting it because extra problems is never a bad thing and I think qvault are the second best out there next to bootcamp.

Qvault is like bootcamp

Can you save qvault PAT questions like you can on their bio tests?

In my opinion Achiever sucks. All it manages to do is ruin your confidence. Bootcamp and Destroyer are the two best resources in my opinion.
Agreed, bootcamp and destroyer were the most helpful for me. I thought achiever was good. It prepares you for the worst and gets you used to finishing a 4.5hr test thinking you are getting most of the questions wrong.

Thanks everyone! If i wanted extra practice in general, especially for PAT or RC, what would you guys recommend other than destroyer and bootcamp? I just want some extra practice (the more the merrier!). What would you guys recommend between Qvault, Achiever, or CrackDat? Thanks!

Hi everyone!

So I'm wondering which of these resources would be best to invest in. I already have bootcamp and destroyer, but I'm looking for something that will give me good practice for full lengths/ subject tests (ESPECIALLY PAT). What is best for my money? I can only get one, MAYBE 2 if not too expensive. Also, I'm not sure of the specifics in each (if they offer full length, subject tests, etc). What is best? Pros/Cons?

Thank you in advance!
whats the qvault? We didn't have the qvault when I took the DAT