Qvault bio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FloorMatt

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is qvault bio represnetative of what you will get on the real thing? Or should it just be used as a learning tool for new information like the destoryer. Alot of questions are random facts and I want to know what peoples qvault scores are compared to the real thing.

Members don't see this ad.

I found Bootcamp more representative than Qvault in biology in terms of question style/depth. Qvault tends to focus more on specific detail-oriented questions (not that the real DAT doesn't have some of those too). In terms of score my Qvault average was pretty close to the real thing, I did about 3 points better.

Qvault's bio section is definitely a useful learning tool though, especially because it breaks down questions by subject so you can always get a feel for how well you know a specific area after reviewing it.

Reactions: 1 user
I found Bootcamp more representative than Qvault in biology in terms of question style/depth. Qvault tends to focus more on specific detail-oriented questions (not that the real DAT doesn't have some of those too). In terms of score my Qvault average was pretty close to the real thing, I did about 3 points better.

Qvault's bio section is definitely a useful learning tool though, especially because it breaks down questions by subject so you can always get a feel for how well you know a specific area after reviewing it.

Is it worth going through something like bio twice on qvault? (after a week or two) Or is going over your mistakes the first time while taking notes more than sufficient. Also, you are beyond a genius and despite getting 17's on qvault I still think my bio avg will be more than 3 pts higher on the real thing. Anyone else have imput on how they did on qvault vs. the real thing?

I'd say it's worth going through more than once (or highlighting what you got wrong in your notes and re-reviewing them). Either way is fine, just try to expose yourself to the stuff you got wrong or haven't seen before more than once so it sticks.

Some (this is strictly anecdotal, but I want to say most) people do better on the real thing than practice materials, but score prediction is always really tricky stuff. Go by how comfortable you feel with the material and how ready you are to take the test, not just practice scores alone.