Rabies Titer - where do you go?

Started by Lemming3
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lemming3

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you had to get your rabies titer checked...where did you go and how much did it cost?
 
I went to my regular doctor and he wrote up the request for the lab. It took about 3 weeks (IIRC) to get the results. They billed $80 but my insurance paid it all.

Some students here get them run through the student health clinic. They seem to know the drill since there's a vet school on campus.
 
I originally had mine done for work (bats) through the occupational health program at my university. So I went to the university health center, they pulled the blood and sent it out, and the results came back to me at no charge. I'm going to call OH up and ask if they'll do it, although I expect to have to pay this time.
 
I'm pretty sure my university runs titers for free. Check with your university (vet school). If not, I'm sure your regular physician can order a titer for you.