race/ethnicity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sanctuary said:
OMG shut the hell up for sanity's sake! I have never seen such redundant quibbling! (well, exluding SDN, that is). Why don't we just argue something more constructive, such as the color of the sky?

Just take a time-out, go make a turkey burger, take a dump, and do some homework. If you still feel confused about Mestivos, Mexicans, Cubans, and Eskimos, then repost. If not, lets all do a group hug and say, for argument sake, that we are all part of the Human race (well, unless any dwarves, elves, or goblins are on SDN).
Okay, here's an idea. If you find discussion of race and ethnicity annoying, don't click on a thread titled "race/ethnicity." I agree that the discussion got ridiculous, but I kept responding only because I felt that I was being purposefully misunderstood, not because I felt it was an earth-shattering topic or anything. I actually did have a turkey burger for dinner (how did you know?), no homeowrk though since I, uh, have a job. But anyway, I was never confused. I just had a difference of opinion, which, guess what, is not exactly uncommmon on sdn.

Why is everyone so incapable of having a difference of opinion or discussion without getting so worked up? Is that the new rule around here? Agree with what I say or "shut the hell up?" Man, I'm going back to the Lounge

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, I find it really funny that you say there is no need to be rude and then act rudely. I relish these moments. I did not mean to be rude, btw.

In any case, I agree that is should die.

Thundrstorm said:
There's no need to be rude. I'm not having difficulty understanding. I completely understand what American Indians would check, and what whites would check. I'm not disagreeing with you there. I just get annoyed with people who act like know-it-alls when in fact they are spreading misinformation (with statements like "That's what makes a Mexican a Mexican"). It really isn't that big of a deal, so let's just let it die, shall we?