Race Vs Ethnicity

Started by 670
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

670

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello network it's been a great help reading the threads and this will be my first thread post. I was born and raised in Saipan, an island in the northern mariana islands and i identify with that culture. However, my parents are filipino immigrants. So does that make me a pacific islander or an asian?
 
Hello network it's been a great help reading the threads and this will be my first thread post. I was born and raised in Saipan, an island in the northern mariana islands and i identify with that culture. However, my parents are filipino immigrants. So does that make me a pacific islander or an asian?
I think you can put both but I would put what you feel that you identify with.
 
Well I would put myself as a pacific islander since Saipan is where I consider my home to be and would be able to explain why, but i'm not sure how it would affect me if they consider me to be asian after I put pacific islander.