Rad Onc Meme Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1641441793597.png

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You didn't even photoshop a RW or LP face onto the guy, c'mon man!
after spending 20 minutes trying to photoshop Simul's face onto a 4 second Katniss everdeen video and failing I have learned my limits

Reactions: 1 users
I am my target audience...
View attachment 347923

Radbio writtens: "The volatile organic compounds dimethyldisulfide, 2-butanone, 2, 3-butanedione, 6-Methyl-5-hep-ten-2-one, indole, and 4-Methylphenol are known components of human feces. Which volatile organic compounds are more commonly associated with CDiff?"

OLA: "Is this a picture of a toilet or the moon?"

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
1642765990555.png

A dear colleague of mine has been arguing that GBMs subclinically invade the brainstem and ultimately many patients die because of that.
We should be targetting the brainstem! He made this nice meme for me.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
View attachment 348691

A dear colleague of mine has been arguing that GBMs subclinically invade the brainstem and ultimately many patients die because of that.
We should be targetting the brainstem! He made this nice meme for me.
This would work if radiation worked for GBM

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This would work if radiation worked for GBM

Radiation improves overall survival in GBM.

It is not curative intent. But, the overall survival benefit with radiation therapy alone is on the order of 4 months, similar to temozolomide, Optune, and many other blockbuster drugs elsewhere in the body.

Let's not sell radiation any shorter than it's already sold.

Reactions: 9 users
Radiation improves overall survival in GBM.

It is not curative intent. But, the overall survival benefit with radiation therapy alone is on the order of 4 months, similar to temozolomide, Optune, and many other blockbuster drugs elsewhere in the body.

Let's not sell radiation any shorter than it's already sold.
Didn't mean to trigger! I'm irradiating GBMs obviously. Radiation works; a bit depn on age and MGMT status. Although I'm sure you have seen GBMs laugh in the face of RT more so than almost any other tumor. But I can't stand upsetting you. A more appropriate statement would be:

This would work if (elective) radiation worked for (subclinical) GBM

1644241884239.jpeg

It’s important that we suffer…for the good of the patient ofcourse.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just finished my last IMRT medical necessity note of the day.... Very gratifying
Weekly OTV: needs no medical necessity note (is it really medically necessary?)

Weekly physics: needs no medical necessity note (is it really medically necessary?)

Doing a basic dose calc on every beam: needs no medical necessity note (is it really medically necessary?)

Doing IMRT: needs a medical necessity note (most of the time inherently medically necessary and this is backed by literature, disease site, "industry standards," the plan itself, etc.)

Doing a second IMRT plan: needs medical necessity note (the 2nd CT can appear wildly different than the 1st... but still, you need to dictate a note and not just rely on the medical record which literally shows the CTs being different)

MY POINT IS... "they" could take medical necessity notes wayyyy farther than what we require now & thank god they don't.

We’re gonna run an experiment.

The predetermined conclusion it will save money because well we are going to pay you less.

Oh and also you have to be in it if you’re picked.

I don’t understand why people get so hung up on “at least I don’t have to document anymore”. Yeah my center loses millions and my job is on the chopping block “BUT THE DOCUMENTATION BURDEN IS SOO MUCH LESS”. As usual the point is lost on so many.

Reactions: 1 user
We’re gonna run an experiment.

The predetermined conclusion it will save money because well we are going to pay you less.

Oh and also you have to be in it if you’re picked.

I don’t understand why people get so hung up on “at least I don’t have to document anymore”. Yeah my center loses millions and my job is on the chopping block “BUT THE DOCUMENTATION BURDEN IS SOO MUCH LESS”. As usual the point is lost on so many.
Falling out of an airplane without a parachute... "This brisk wind is really clearing my sinuses"

Falling out of an airplane without a parachute... "This brisk wind is really clearing my sinuses"

Clearly a benefit but we will need a subgroup analysis to really tease out who benefits.

Not the total depletion of epinephrine and norepinephrine as certain death comes

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Is there a patient getting 45 fractions of prostate RT on an MR-linac? I bet there is

Reactions: 4 users
Is there a patient getting 45 fractions of prostate RT on an MR-linac? I bet there is

Spratt said there’s a reason private groups are buying mri Linacs

He said it - but I’m not aware of many (or any?) yet