Rad Onc Meme Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oz PM tackling a kid. How do we meme this.

5tOaQRe.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

1. Entrenched Boomer White Male Chairman

2. URM Med Students

alternatively

1. Coal Mine

2. Canaries

Reactions: 1 users
1. Boomer radoncs
2. Everyone else

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think the PM has mixed up his football. The children appear to be playing the beautiful game and the PM is playing NFL or Aussie rules.

Reactions: 2 users
Noticed that the term “mentorship” is starting to be thrown around. It smacks of “grooming.”

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
1653552402291.png

1 job offer at graduation is not a market, it is a job ultimatum.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
I knew it.

Attachments

• we-are-academic-radonc-your-private-practices-will-assimilate-resistance-is-futile.jpg
    we-are-academic-radonc-your-private-practices-will-assimilate-resistance-is-futile.jpg
    342.7 KB · Views: 154
Reactions: 3 users
Radonc recruitment at 1st year med career fair.

Attachments

• 2F274F28-F0A2-4923-AAC4-BBFE51423B34.png
    2F274F28-F0A2-4923-AAC4-BBFE51423B34.png
    433.8 KB · Views: 145
This is less a meme but more of playing with DALL E mini. Thought I would throw then here haha

Attachments

• B0468712-3BF0-43CF-8177-D2D8CE846752.png
    B0468712-3BF0-43CF-8177-D2D8CE846752.png
    733.1 KB · Views: 161
  • 425AD993-D7DA-4C6A-8853-F3BFDD075546.png
    425AD993-D7DA-4C6A-8853-F3BFDD075546.png
    779.2 KB · Views: 160
PNG-Bild.png

Following recent discussions

• Love
  • Okay...
Don't think this one's been done yet. For those who dabble in the dark side / dark arts of PTV editing...

1661914965570.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
evilbooyaa coming back to SDN To find we have yet again spiraled out of control on a thread:

ben.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Let's go, Dr. Chino we can do it!

panda.jpg

• Love
  • Haha
A dear colleague made this.
1669108171245.png

• Haha
Hiring a medical physicist is almost impossible right now. Which is great for them in the short term. Medium term, it definitely wouldn't surprise me if hospitals just said F-it and outsourced/automated most of those jobs away.

Hiring a medical physicist is almost impossible right now. Which is great for them in the short term. Medium term, it definitely wouldn't surprise me if hospitals just said F-it and outsourced/automated most of those jobs away.
So true... Definitely a big issue right now with poaching from surrounding practices, treat your staff/physicist really well, speaking of, time to go get him a bottle of Blanton's for xmas

So true... Definitely a big issue right now with poaching from surrounding practices, treat your staff/physicist really well, speaking of, time to go get him a bottle of Blanton's for xmas
It's not that bad in Europe and I think the rise of AI as well as increasing automation of a lot of things that physicists used to do manually, may cause a shrinkage in the necessary workforce. But we are clearly not there yet.

We automated our breast planning to IMRT from FnF, and that caused an increase in physics workload by a fair amount actually, just due to the increased plan QA needs. I agree with Palex - not there yet.

We automated our breast planning to IMRT from FnF, and that caused an increase in physics workload by a fair amount actually, just due to the increased plan QA needs. I agree with Palex - not there yet.
Physicists have sold many of us the line that per-patient IMRT QA must be done, forever... because safety. In reality it's probably because: (physicist) job security. Hope it goes away someday. Many academic institutions have abandoned the per-patient QA process FWIW.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users