radiology applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2012mdc

Enjoying the Dark Side
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just trying to get a general idea of how many URM's I'll see on the IV trail in a few months.

Me and one of my classmates are both URM males applying this year.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't feel bad, it was the same for Rad-Onc as well.

Good luck!

-R

Oh I don't feel bad. I already know the deal. Usually there are 100+ URM's applying so I figured there may be some who are on SDN. Thanks for wishing me good luck, it's going to be a stressful process

You've got one here that is applying. You'd be the first I've met applying this year.

Yay!! I'm really happy this thread exists because radiology is one of my top choices (along with emergency med and derm) but I've had so many tell me how rare it is to find minority radiologists. I never let them discourage me :)

Please keep us updated with your progress!! Best wishes :D

Yay!! I'm really happy this thread exists because radiology is one of my top choices (along with emergency med and derm) but I've had so many tell me how rare it is to find minority radiologists. I never let them discourage me :)

Please keep us updated with your progress!! Best wishes :D

Thanks. Still playing the waiting game for interview invites but interview season is right around the corner.

There aren't many minority radiologists but there aren't many minorities in medicine especially outside of primary care. But that's irrelelvant, just find a specialty you love.

As a minority in medicine you will always face discourageme, just brush your shoulders off

Hello,

I would like to say, Perform an advanced search of specific demographic and academic information of prior applicants, including USMLE scores, class rank, AOA membership, and interviews and acceptances.

Best advance
Steve Feddern

:confused:

Hi....:)
Congratulations! Making that decision after two or three years of medical school is a difficult task and you are to be congratulated on your choice.Radiology is a very competitive and scientific specialty. It requires its practitioners to know an abundance of medicine from pediatrics to geriatrics, anatomy, surgery, physiology, physics, computers, statistics, and more. In order to become Board certified in Radiology, a resident must pass two difficult sets of examinations . The Core Exam will be taken 36 months after the beginning of radiology residency training. In 2013, the first such exam will be given. It will be an image-rich, computer-based exam administered at a central location in the nation. The 1 ½ day exam will test knowledge and comprehension of anatomy, pathophysiology, all aspects of diagnostic radiology, and physics concepts important for diagnostic radiology. Eighteen categories are included on the examination, all of which must be passed. The categories are: breast, cardiac, GI, musculoskeletal, neuroradiology, pediatric radiology, thoracic, reproductive/endocrine, urinary, vascular, CT, interventional radiology, MR, nuclear medicine, radiography/fluoroscopy, US, physics and safety. Physics questions will be integrated into each category. The Final Certifying Exam in Diagnostic Radiology will be taken 15 months after completion of diagnostic radiology residency. It, too, will be an image-rich computer-based exam administered at a central location in the nation. The exam will emphasize synthesis of information, differentials and patient management. Aspects of physics and basic sciences important in imaging will be included. The exam will include five modules. Two are required: Noninterpretive skills and Essentials of Diagnostic Radiology. Three modules willl be in clinical practice areas selected by the invdividual based on training, experience and practice emphasis.

WTF and huge bump!