This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carterjt47

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are all secondary applications waived for FAP students/applicants? I ask this because I plan on applying to 40+ schools w. the FAP.

Members don't see this ad.

no I don't believe so, pretty sure the AAMC site explains

actually, come to think of it, I think it depends on an institution by institution based policy if they do or not, it's up to them to decide if they want to grant that to those that qualified for FAP

so I think it varies and you'll need to look at that on their sites or their secondary instructions

you can always pick and choose amongst the secondaries you get, although ideally every school you apply to that gives you one, you would want to do

I think I might have punked out on a few though

Reactions: 1 user
Like Crayola227 said you'll have to identify which schools accept the FAP and which schools do not. For example, in the MSAR Howard is listed as having no fee waiver eligibility while Meharry accepts it. And the FAP only allows you to designate 16 schools which would mean if you're going to apply to 40+ schools, you would be paying the difference.

AMCAS Benefits
  • Waiver for all AMCAS fees for one (1) application submission with up to 16 medical school designations ($730 value), submitted by December 31, 2019.
Additional fees will be charged for each medical school designation beyond the initial set of 16.

Reactions: 1 users
You get a fee waiver for 16 schools on your AMCAS application, so you'd end up paying for the rest. Secondary wise its on a school by school basis. The only schools I paid for were Baylor (50% off) and Maryland (full fee)

Reactions: 1 user