Radiology Elective Book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OHMAN0125

Poor Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What book is good for 4th year elective in Radiology?
Squires? Anything else, any concise review books that are good ?
Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

what Book Is Good For 4th Year Elective In Radiology?
Squires? Anything Else, Any Concise Review Books That Are Good ?
Thanks For The Help.

Bump

Gunderman's Essential Radiology was easier to carry than Squire's but still a textbook. I'm sure there are some good pocket reviews of radiology too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Squires is a good resource for an M4 rotation.
I also read Radiology Recall (a couple of students who also matched into Radiology read Radiology Secrets). I found the book useful for asking a few thoughtful questions during the rotation.

As a medical student on a general radiology rotation, the key is to present yourself as someone who is pleasant to work with and interested (but not a gunner) in learning. Try to get to know the residents and attendings, and find out from people the year ahead of you which attendings write strong letters of recommendation.

I just finished a two week elective and i couldnt agree more- There are a ton of books-Felsons, squires, etc but i felt the biggest thing wasnt knowing everything radiology, but rather to present yourself as someone who can work well with others. The residents all told me the same thing, namely, if they dont like you, its not likely youll get a spot-they wont remember if you answered all questions correctly, but theyll remember if you were annoying or not.