Radiology, malpractice, and "lifestyle"

Started by rs2006
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rs2006

student
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

Fourth year medical student hear-- just wanted to know what you guys have to say about the REALITY of malpractice for radiologists in private practice-- I seem to be hearing contrasting opinions from the different radiologists/ rads residents that I have spoken with regarding this issue in private practice-- some have told me that malpractice suits only happen to "bad radiologists" and some attendings have said that the whole issue is entirely overblown. However, whenver I research this issue on the web is seems as if it is a HUGE issue-- Is this just an issue that is "making a mountain out of a molehill"? Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks.