Radiology/nuc Med Combined Programs

Started by USMELL
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

USMELL

FIRE
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if there is a place to find a list of programs offering combined radiology, nuclear medicine residency
thanks
 
Diagnostic radiologists are certified to read nuclear medicine studies; it's part of any DR residency curriculum. So, in a sense, all radiology programs are combined.

I've never heard of a combined program that would include fellowship-level NM training.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
look among the FL programs. I remember one being combined DR/NM.

There's no point in a combined program. NM from radiology is a pretty easy fellowship to get from what I hear. If you don't like radiology and just want to do NM you can apply to NM straight (it's only like 4 yrs i think). But that's a very risky gamble since you can't read any CT, US, MRI, etc. I hear you have to bank on trying to get an academic position for the most part since most Radiology groups wont absorb a pure NM guy
 
There's no point in a combined program. NM from radiology is a pretty easy fellowship to get from what I hear. If you don't like radiology and just want to do NM you can apply to NM straight (it's only like 4 yrs i think). But that's a very risky gamble since you can't read any CT, US, MRI, etc. I hear you have to bank on trying to get an academic position for the most part since most Radiology groups wont absorb a pure NM guy
..