Radiology Primer during intern year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Qabalah

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would it be helpful to do a course like Titan Radiology' during intern year to get a quick overview of radiology prior to R1 year? http://www.titanradiology.com/ From the reviews of the Crack the Core books on Amazon, it seems pretty legit.

Members don't see this ad.

Take this from someone who attempted it. Complete waste of time.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any reading/review or prep suggestions in the waning months of intern year? Other than chill and relish the last months of inpatient medicine/surgery forever?

No need to review. You'll learn once you start. Intern year you should learn medicine.

Reconcile? I have met Gunderman in person; twice. Great guy and lecturer but that article is his opinion and a few residents telling their experience. Well this is my opinion: a good clinical year helps me in IR and as a physician.

Why would you believe me ? Because hey this is just another opinion. But currently we all have to do intern year and as such should avail this opportunity to learn as much as one can. You are a physician so should learn basics of patient management as that comes handy later. If anything you get to see medicine from the other side before slapping clinical correlate on another report

It helped me. You may disagree but a large portions of my class thought intern year was great.

Reactions: 1 user
Reconcile? I have met Gunderman in person; twice. Great guy and lecturer but that article is his opinion and a few residents telling their experience. Well this is my opinion: a good clinical year helps me in IR and as a physician.

Why would you believe me ? Because hey this is just another opinion. But currently we all have to do intern year and as such should avail this opportunity to learn as much as one can. You are a physician so should learn basics of patient management as that comes handy later. If anything you get to see medicine from the other side before slapping clinical correlate on another report

It helped me. You may disagree but a large portions of my class thought intern year was great.

I agree.