Radiology research help!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DaTruMD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Incoming 2nd year here. I'm currently doing research involving fMRI. Can this be considered radiology research when applying to radiology programs even though it doesn't directly deal with clinical radiology (i.e. diagnosis)? I'm asking because it's a lot of work and I know that during 2nd year I'm going to have to focus a lot of my time on Step 1. Plus, I'm not sure how much work I'll have to put in to get published - I just know that it is a good amount. The school year is about to begin and I don't want to continue if it doesn't benefit me greatly.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

fMRI is considered more neuroscience research. However, some places use it to map the brain before tumor surgery in special cases (uncommonly done). As a result, radiology departments consider it a radiology research.

Anyway, nobody really cares whether you are doing radiology research or Urology research. They just want to see that you can accomplish a research project.

fMRI is considered more neuroscience research. However, some places use it to map the brain before tumor surgery in special cases (uncommonly done). As a result, radiology departments consider it a radiology research.

Anyway, nobody really cares whether you are doing radiology research or Urology research. They just want to see that you can accomplish a research project.

Thanks man.