Radiology Secrets vs Radiology Recall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ljl1982

ljl1982
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm an MS3 (soon to be MS4 in 6 weeks) considering applying for Diagnostic Radiology. I'm scheduled for a 4 week "career elective" at my home institution, and have a question about books to prepare for and read during the rotation.
--I've already purchased Squires.
--In terms of an atlas, an M4 who matched in radiology mentioned a book called Anatomy in Diagnostic Imaging (i'm not sure if it was Anatomy In or Anatomy for - there are 2 different books listed on amazon.com). Any recommendations for an atlas to use?
--I'm trying to decide on a small handbook, either Radiology Secrets or Radiology Recall. Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks, and best of luck to everybody.

Members don't see this ad.

I've browsed through the brand new edition of secrets-- it looks pretty thorough with lots of pictures. If i were a medstudent I'd go for that book. I don't think it would fit in a white coat pocket, though. Recall is fine (i bought it in medschool) but its publishing date is like 2000 or 01.

Good luck-- Radiology is the best '-ology'! ;)

i just bought the rads secrets book the other day. I've managed to read part of it and I'm enjoying it. It touches on a lot of areas.

Members don't see this ad :)
ljl1982 said:
--I've already purchased Squires.

Thanks, and best of luck to everybody.

Yeah, but have you read it yet?

If you read all of Squires, you don't need Secrets.....I was able to answer plenty of questions by reading Squires.

Vince said:
Yeah, but have you read it yet?

If you read all of Squires, you don't need Secrets.....I was able to answer plenty of questions by reading Squires.

There is much more material in Secrets and Recalls than in Squires.