Radiology tech

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zg2017

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, looking for some help regarding becoming a radiology tech. I currently have a good job working for a large energy company as an operations manager. Being a 24 hr operation I work a rotating 12
hr swing shift. I work half the month and have the other half off usually. So this is difficult when it comes to going back to school. I don't have a college degree. I would like to go into this field simply because I have a passion for the medical field and I also want something to fall back on. Are there any accredited online classes and or work at your on pace that could lead me to a degree in this field? Any help/information would be greatly
appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

This forum is mostly medical students and radiology resident or attendings physicians. Most of us are unfamiliar with the different paths to becoming a rad tech/radiology technologist. Radiologists have a different path as we go through medical school and residency. I do know a few rad techs that have gone onto medical school and radiology, but I'm not sure if any are on this forum.

I would suggest posting this question on either reddit's radiology subreddit (r/radiology) or the technologists' forum at AuntMinnie.com. There may be other websites, but those are two I know that have both input/posts from radiologists, radiology resident, and radiology technologists/rad techs.

Hello, looking for some help regarding becoming a radiology tech. I currently have a good job working for a large energy company as an operations manager. Being a 24 hr operation I work a rotating 12
hr swing shift. I work half the month and have the other half off usually. So this is difficult when it comes to going back to school. I don't have a college degree. I would like to go into this field simply because I have a passion for the medical field and I also want something to fall back on. Are there any accredited online classes and or work at your on pace that could lead me to a degree in this field? Any help/information would be greatly
appreciated.

I can answer this in a private message if you would like. I’m an RT working on premed studies right now.