Raise Score from 45 to about an 80? Is it possible?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.iz-n

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all
I took the PCAT for the first time in October and got a 45 composite. I did my worst in reading and math (not surprised). I've been studying, but this time around with the Dr. Collins study packet mainly. I noticed that when I went through the Pearson Practice tests again, everything was coming to me a bit easier. So is it false hope for me to think that I could raise my score from a 45 to an 80? Has anyone heard of someone doing this, or is this just unrealistic?

Members don't see this ad.

hey yeah it's possible i took raised my score from like 50-something to like 70-something..it's possible just study hard and u'll do great!

Members don't see this ad :)
definitly possible. i raised my score from a 59 to an 80 in just one try. i worked hard to do it but its possible. 've never been a huge studier or overachiever but I spent a lot of my summer reviewing the kaplan book to get ready for the august pcat. I literally reviewed every page of the biology and chemistry section. good luck and keep trying

Thanks! You all keep giving me hope! Thanks so much!

definitly possible. i raised my score from a 59 to an 80 in just one try. i worked hard to do it but its possible. 've never been a huge studier or overachiever but I spent a lot of my summer reviewing the kaplan book to get ready for the august pcat. I literally reviewed every page of the biology and chemistry section. good luck and keep trying

First time I took the PCAT without studying, I got a 47. I then took the Kaplan course and my score rose to a 76.