1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Raising BCPM GPA

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by SPH5656, May 13, 2008.

1. SPH5656

Hi everyone,
    I am starting my Master's in Public Health in the fall of this year in epidemiology. I plan to apply to medical school next summer. Due to my science grades being low one semester, my BCPM gpa is not as high as I would like. I wanted to take some courses along with my Master's classes to raise my BCPM gpa. However, I'm not sure where my Master's classes will fall into. I know that public health courses are classified as health sciences, but what about classes like Biostatistics or Genetics in Epidemiology? Can classes like those that are designated as 'public health' be classified as BCPM? I want to know if any of my classes will help in my attempt to raise my GPA, or if I need to take a ton of undergraduate level classes...Any insight is much appreciated!
    Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. IceMan0824

IceMan0824 Holy crip, he's a crapple
    5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    All classes you take for your masters will all count as graduate level classes and will be irrelevant in calculating and/or raising your undergraduate science gpa.

4. Isoprop

Isoprop Fascinating, tell me more
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    also, taking classes at the same university you are doing your mph may still count towards your grad gpa on amcas b/c it may be still seen as courses taken towards a formal graduate degree. check the amcas manual.

5. SPH5656

Thanks...I totally forgot that its only undergraduate classes...I'll be sure to look into it...I hope it won't be a problem, since my graduate school is the same as my undergraduate...Thanks again!