Rally STAT: LauraDO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TexasTriathlete

HTFU
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a category 1 rally thread. I repeat, category 1.

LauraDO is in Florida for her interview with LECOM-Bradenton, and she has no clothes whatsoever. Given that she is the only person I have ever heard of to get an interview invite to not one, but two schools with no MCAT score, but a picture included with the secondary application, this could be to her benefit. But you never know who is going to be doing the interviewing, so she is going to need our positive waves.

Post something inspirational and positive on this thread. I'll get it started:

richard_simmons.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

barney-731895.jpg

We love you Laura!!!! Good Luck!!!:luck::luck::luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
2miracle1_600.jpg

February 22, 1980: The U.S. ice hockey team rejoices after their upset win over the Soviet Union in the semi-final round of the XIII Winter Olympic Games in Lake Placid, New York. [AP/Wide World Photo]

I believe this happened the year LauraDO was born. Back when the Russians were the bad guys. Back when US hockey sucked but we kicked their fannies anyway.

cow_breast_rings-humor.jpg

Post interview with LauraDO after her wicked acceptance... :D

Go Laura! I want to wish you well and good luck in Bradenton. :thumbup::luck:

http://www.royalcopenhagen.com/~/media/Images/Figurines/Good%20Luck%20Frogs/good-luck-frog-gold-jpg.ashx?w=760&mh=400&bc=ffffff

Good Luck Frogs
Throughout history, the frog has been the bearer of good luck, joy, happiness and change. This series of frogs from Royal Copenhagen will continue the good tradition.

The 10 cm tall jumping frog is designed by sculptor Allan Therkelsen, who has given each frog its own special personality and characteristics.

The green frog (True Happiness) is a symbol of happiness. Happiness for the frog's chosen companion. A happy life, a happy love, a happy journey and not least a happy birthday.

The golden frog (Good Fortune) is a symbol of dreams. Dreams of the awaken kind. Dreams dreamt by that special person who deserves to have all of them come true.

The blue frog (Pure Harmony) is a symbol of harmony. Harmony in its purest form. Harmony in love, at home, at work and in leisure time, or simply, in all of life's melodies.

The white frog (With Love) is a symbol of the heart's voice. Everything it says is wrapped in love. It doesn't have to say a lot, while, on the other hand, it can also get away with saying just a little too much.

Good luck is on its way to you, you just need to kiss the frog…

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4s8vdzYwFU[/YOUTUBE]
The Ultimate Rally :D

Oh no....let me fix

Nothing to fear in Florida! Have fun and enjoy the warm weather, I already know you will do well.

GOOD LUCK LauraDO!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my! You all are the best! I can't tell you how much I needed this.

It is 1am and I"m just getting in. This has been the most amazing trip, pretty much anything that could go wrong has. Let me start at the beginning

The morning started out well, went on my ritual 'pre-test' run, came home had a nice breakfast got things all ready to go...and then....

a) My lawyer roommate had worked out with me that she would drop me off at my o-chem test this morning and then pick me up afterwards so I could make it to the airport in time. At 8 am this morning about 5 mins before we are suppose to leave she comes stumbling down the steps and tells me, that she can't take me anymore because she has to meet with a judge at 10. Fabulous! why she couldn't tell me this yesterday so I could have gotten someone else to take me, I do not know....So I throw things in my car and drive to my test and then have to race afterwards to the airport and spend the extra time I do not have to park in long term parking and take the shuttle to the airport

b) get to the terminal and low and behold, they cannot find my flight reservation. I had to call the idiots at Delta to book my flight since I was using miles. Well for some reason the telephone agent didn't ever book my ticket officially in their system. So although I received an electronic tix, according to delta I had no flight. Plus all flights were booked. Finally after I pulled my best 'helpless girl with a low cut top' act they were able to find someone that was willing to be bumped and I got on

ok, this story must be continued since words are no longer making coherent sentences in my head

But hey, I"m here! Thanks again guys (although I must say some of the images posted on this tread are slightly disturbing- prions- who said you could post Barney on my thread- I think a mod should edit that out :))

Love you all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck Laura!!!!!! :luck::banana::banana::banana::luck:

I am personally more disturbed by the leprechaun than Barney. :eek: Sorry you've had a rough trip so far. Did you get a suit?

Good luck Laura!!!!!! :luck::banana::banana::banana::luck:

I am personally more disturbed by the leprechaun than Barney. :eek: Sorry you've had a rough trip so far. Did you get a suit?

Yes, the leprechaun was a bit disturbing as well. No suit yet, just got here, shopping will be done tomorrow....so we will see, if not I saw an ace hardware near the hotel so I am assuming I can get some paint there (latex free preferably)

funny enough I was thinking about that earlier today and figuring that it is a good sign all this is happening based on your results

And prions had quite a trip for her DCOM interview and she was accepted. Everything is going to work out great!

My travel to Western was a bad experience, to make a long story short, the biggest problem was a delayed flight into Vegas so I missed my connection and had to drive from Vegas to LA after arriving in Vegas at about midnight. I think I got 3 hours of sleep before the interview. My interview wasn't great, I think I was talking way too fast from nerves and lack of sleep, but I still got accepted. (I had told my interviewers what happened because they asked about my trip... don't know if that helped)

Good luck! Poor rabbit.

rabbit_s.gif

:luck:

Good Luck Laura. Sarasota has some nice shopping areas for you to find your suit. :thumbup:

Best of luck Laura - I am sure you will totally rock the interview. :luck:

GOOD LUCK LAURA ! I HOPE IT GOES WELL FOR YOU ! :thumbup:

you dont need anymore luck than this, its over, gg youre in.. crush the interview.

LauraDO said:
Finally after I pulled my best 'helpless girl with a low cut top' act they were able to find someone that was willing to be bumped and I got on

......drooooool............. :D

Laura!! Hope that you have a great day shopping and I know that you'll do great tomorrow in your interview!

Good Luck!!

Good point. :D

:laugh: I am still trying to figure out how to post a picture and I was trying to preview it instead of send. I still can't figure it out. It just won't work for me. :(

:laugh: I am still trying to figure out how to post a picture and I was trying to preview it instead of send. I still can't figure it out. It just won't work for me. :(

Yay!! There's nothing more encouraging for an upcoming interview than two adorable octopi. :D

spaceball.gif

Go with this suit and a push-up bra and you're in!!!!

93549939_0eadbc9afc.jpg

:luck::luck::luck::luck:Good Luck:luck::luck::luck::luck:

dear jesus...did you have to put that up?!

good luck LauraDO!

Okay tomorrow is the big day. **** 'em up!

ok, so the update from Bradenton....

Today was beau-ti-fullllll, clear blue skies, sunny, about 80 degrees. I went over to scpod's beautiful house and met some other students, which was a really great experience (although I won't mention scpod's seemingly continuous obsessive mention of giving rectal exams) Funny enough while I was there I received a call from WVSOM inviting me to an interview.

Then I headed to the outlets to see if I could find something. I found a suit at BCBG as expected, but oddly enough my check would not go through ( I didn't have any credit cards due to a previous pre-trip disaster that is too long of a story to go through) Panicky I called the bank and spent the next half hour on the phone with them trying to figure out what the problem was. Nothing could be figured out except that my account was fine and I had no suit.

Finally I gave up on BCBG and headed over to Ann Taylor where I was lucky enough to find another suit and a check that would go through! So I did it. I will be clothed! Whether this is a good strategy or not, I'm going with the traditional suit route

Let me tell you those outlets are dangerous and I will have to stay way far away if I am accepted here

So now it is time for me to pray to the gods of osteopathy to bless me with the powers of AT Stills and help me wow the *$%& out of them tomorrow

ok, so the update from Bradenton....

Today was beau-ti-fullllll, clear blue skies, sunny, about 80 degrees. I went over to scpod's beautiful house and met some other students, which was a really great experience (although I won't mention scpod's seemingly continuous obsessive mention of giving rectal exams) Funny enough while I was there I received a call from WVSOM inviting me to an interview.

Then I headed to the outlets to see if I could find something. I found a suit at BCBG as expected, but oddly enough my check would not go through ( I didn't have any credit cards due to a previous pre-trip disaster that is too long of a story to go through) Panicky I called the bank and spent the next half hour on the phone with them trying to figure out what the problem was. Nothing could be figured out except that my account was fine and I had no suit.

Finally I gave up on BCBG and headed over to Ann Taylor where I was lucky enough to find another suit and a check that would go through! So I did it. I will be clothed! Whether this is a good strategy or not, I'm going with the traditional suit route

Let me tell you those outlets are dangerous and I will have to stay way far away if I am accepted here

So now it is time for me to pray to the gods of osteopathy to bless me with the powers of AT Stills and help me wow the *$%& out of them tomorrow

Wow that's an awesome suit story. I love that you just went to a store and found a perfectly fitting suit. Basically, you're just a success story all around :D. Good luck Laura! You're gonna do great. :thumbup:

In addition to wishing you GOOD LUCK, I'm going to share a story with you about my experiences GETTING to the interview at KCUMB. First, my flight was delayed...somewhere. I don't even remember where. I had only gotten about 1 and a half hours of sleep the night before because my good friend was in the middle of a NASTY divorce, and I had been at his house all night trying to cheer him up. So, I'm exhausted, and I'm sick. Really, really sick. Like fever, chills, hack up a lung cough sick. That's bad. I'm rarely sick. I work at a clinic, I'm exposed to everything. My immune system is very good...usually. So, I get to Kansas City around 12:30am the day OF the interview. Now, I just have to find the shuttle service that I reserved to get me to my hotel. I follow the signs to "ground transportation" to find that the airport has been CLOSED for cleaning! No kidding. Apparently they can do that. I went back to the little airport phones I had passed and looked for then name of the van service on their little handy freqently used numbers list. The one I need isn't there of course. I went back to the place where the airport was blocked off, about ready to break down and cry like a little girl at this point. I just want to SLEEP! I convinced some extremely nice airport employees to let me through the barricade so I can get to the van office (I will forever love those airport employees. They hold a very special place in my heart):love: Unfortunately, the office is closed. They closed two hours ago (or something like that. It's been several months) The aforementioned lovely airport employees actually found someone who happened to work for the van service and talked him into finding me a van to take me to the airport (I was ready to promise this man my first born at this point). The van guy FINALLY gets a hold of a driver who is still near the airport. I wait ANOTHER 30 minutes or so, and a van arrives. WOW it's cold in Kansas City in NOV! I should have dressed more warmly. I finally get to my hotel at about 2:30am. They actually DO have my reservation on file (finally, something goes right) and I am actually able to get a few minutes of sleep before my overactive brain awakens me entirely too early in the morning. Did I mention that after my friend dropped me off at the airport they had no record of my reservation either? Even though I had the printout off the computer in my hand? Seriously, I feel your pain. I really do. And, I wish you MUCH better luck and better health than I had. Just relax, take a deep breath, and know that you have this in the bag! Think of all the amazing schools that want you! They wouldn't have gone to the trouble of asking you to interview there if they didn't think you would do well there. You're golden. You're fine. You've got all of us behind you, you obviously are competitive, and you WILL GET IN! So, in that vein, I bid you good night, DOCTOR!!!!!!!;);):):D:laugh::hardy::bow::zip:

Good Luck!:luck:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSoNBIiuY64[/YOUTUBE]

ELVIS IS ALIVE AND HE TOLD ME YOU ARE GONNA BE HIS LITTLE GOOD LUCK CHARM TOMORROW!:luck:

LauraDO, if you are still up.... go to bed! Have a fun day tomorrow. Just be yourself and I know that you will rock 'em tomorrow. Everyone there is so super friendly that you can't help but feel comfortable there. Enjoy the PBL session, and make some observations on how they work well as a team or something so you can relate how well the PBL system works in the recap. Use the lunch to ask the students all of the questions that you want, they had a pretty good lunch too, much better than Erie!

Let us know how it goes when you are done!!

:luck::biglove::luck:

You guys are the best. Just went for a "LauraDO Victory Run" where I run with my ipod power playlist and yell at the top of my lungs with the song, punching like Rocky on the big creshendos! So Im revved up. Currently suiting up