Rally STAT: LauraDO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You guys are the best. Just went for a "LauraDO Victory Run" where I run with my ipod power playlist and yell at the top of my lungs with the song, punching like Rocky on the big creshendos! So Im revved up. Currently suiting up

:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:.

Laura, Knock'em out to get in. Praying for You :luck::luck::luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Heck yes!! GO LAURADO!!! WHOO HOOOOO!!!!

In addition to wishing you GOOD LUCK, I'm going to share a story with you about my experiences GETTING to the interview at KCUMB. First, my flight was delayed...somewhere. I don't even remember where. I had only gotten about 1 and a half hours of sleep the night before because my good friend was in the middle of a NASTY divorce, and I had been at his house all night trying to cheer him up. So, I'm exhausted, and I'm sick. Really, really sick. Like fever, chills, hack up a lung cough sick. That's bad. I'm rarely sick. I work at a clinic, I'm exposed to everything. My immune system is very good...usually. So, I get to Kansas City around 12:30am the day OF the interview. Now, I just have to find the shuttle service that I reserved to get me to my hotel. I follow the signs to "ground transportation" to find that the airport has been CLOSED for cleaning! No kidding. Apparently they can do that. I went back to the little airport phones I had passed and looked for then name of the van service on their little handy freqently used numbers list. The one I need isn't there of course. I went back to the place where the airport was blocked off, about ready to break down and cry like a little girl at this point. I just want to SLEEP! I convinced some extremely nice airport employees to let me through the barricade so I can get to the van office (I will forever love those airport employees. They hold a very special place in my heart):love: Unfortunately, the office is closed. They closed two hours ago (or something like that. It's been several months) The aforementioned lovely airport employees actually found someone who happened to work for the van service and talked him into finding me a van to take me to the airport (I was ready to promise this man my first born at this point). The van guy FINALLY gets a hold of a driver who is still near the airport. I wait ANOTHER 30 minutes or so, and a van arrives. WOW it's cold in Kansas City in NOV! I should have dressed more warmly. I finally get to my hotel at about 2:30am. They actually DO have my reservation on file (finally, something goes right) and I am actually able to get a few minutes of sleep before my overactive brain awakens me entirely too early in the morning. Did I mention that after my friend dropped me off at the airport they had no record of my reservation either? Even though I had the printout off the computer in my hand? Seriously, I feel your pain. I really do. And, I wish you MUCH better luck and better health than I had. Just relax, take a deep breath, and know that you have this in the bag! Think of all the amazing schools that want you! They wouldn't have gone to the trouble of asking you to interview there if they didn't think you would do well there. You're golden. You're fine. You've got all of us behind you, you obviously are competitive, and you WILL GET IN! So, in that vein, I bid you good night, DOCTOR!!!!!!!;);):):D:laugh::hardy::bow::zip:

Good Luck!:luck:

not to hijack the thread, but what did you think of KCUMB?

Members don't see this ad :)
not to hijack the thread, but what did you think of KCUMB?

Loved it! I really did. All the people were incredibly kind and immediately put me at ease. The interview did not feel at all like an attack (which is what I was afraid of. It was my very first interview). The campus was beautiful, I was very impressed with the technology, and how the staff members really seemed to genuinely CARE about the education the students were receiving. I walked away thinking to myself that I could definitely see myself learning there. I could not believe my luck when I got accepted there, and deciding between two schools that I loved equally as much was one of the most difficult decisions I have been forced to make as of late. I ultimately did not chose KCUMB, but the reasons where NOT because of it's academics, which I believe to be top-notch. It was more...geography. I still have momentary "panic attacks" when I'm terrified that I turned down the wrong school. If you go to KCUMB, I really think you'll love it. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about my intervew or you know, whatever.

ScTx:luck:

ok, I returned. A long day but well worth it! I loved the school, PBL perfect for me and I am sure I would excel learning that way. The school was beautiful and incredibly clean, so clean you could virtually eat of the floors (but that would be against the rules)

I am so excited about this school and the location, Bradenton/Sarasota is a great area and I think I would really enjoy being here.

The interview went well, and they said the admissions committee will meet next Thursday to decide and then send out letters. There are currently only 30 spots left, so everyone keep your fingers crossed for me!

Thanks so much for all the support, this thread has kept me going through this crazy trip....(luckily nothing like sunny08's at least though)

Glad you are back. Good luck, and let us know right away what they decide.

OCHO

Believe me I will, it is going to be a long week of waiting, plus being on the west coast means I'm going to receive my letter later then everyone else :(

Lance-Armstrong_jpg.jpg

Best of Luck! I'm waiting to get my interview at LECOM-Bradenton.

It's awesome your interview went well. I wish you the best and hope you get one of the 30 spots. I took a tour of the school last year and love the location as well. :rolleyes:

:luck:Hope to see you in our class next year. PBL is the best!:luck:

I knew Barney would do the trick! One more time: CONGRATS LAURA!

sub-square-barney.gif

I knew Barney would do the trick! One more time: CONGRATS LAURA!

sub-square-barney.gif

MODERATOR: Would you please remove the scary purple dino from the thread, it is offensive on many levels

Members don't see this ad :)
Yay Laura! I hope you like Florida! Congratulations! :thumbup:

Yay Laura! I hope you like Florida! Congratulations! :thumbup:
So is it Florida for sure? Or are you still holding out for DCOM? Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

nope Florida for sure!!!

Well, two things are for certain... YOU GOT INTO MED SCHOOL WOO HOOO!!!!!!:clap::love::biglove::banana:

And you will be sorely missed here at DCOM... You HAVE to come visit. And I heard Sarasota is nice, so we might have to come visit you. If you can handle us... ;).

Congrats Laura! :banana::banana::banana:

Now you can sit back and relax til August!

OMIGOH! CONGRATULATIONS LAURADO!!
YOU DID IT!
GOSH NOW YOU CAN JUST TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND ENJOY!
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE SEND ME SOME OF YOUR GOOD INTERVIEW KARMA.
I'M INTERVIEWING ON TUESDAY!!!
WISH ME LUCK!!! ANY POINTERS???
I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!
SHERRUNS:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

OMIGOH! CONGRATULATIONS LAURADO!!
YOU DID IT!
GOSH NOW YOU CAN JUST TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND ENJOY!
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE SEND ME SOME OF YOUR GOOD INTERVIEW KARMA.
I'M INTERVIEWING ON TUESDAY!!!
WISH ME LUCK!!! ANY POINTERS???
I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!
SHERRUNS:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:
You are forbidden to go to anywhere else than DCOM, you have to bring us ice cream. And wings. The gods have spoken. You do not want anger the gods. You will be smited, scorned, and banished to the 40 year old virgin forums. For.ev.er.

You are forbidden to go to anywhere else than DCOM, you have to bring us ice cream. And wings. The gods have spoken. You do not want anger the gods. You will be smited, scorned, and banished to the 40 year old virgin forums. For.ev.er.
otay...otay....otay....otay!!!
the good friday thing is getting me down!

otay...otay....otay....otay!!!
the good friday thing is getting me down!
Speaking of Good Friday, we cant eat meat today. And mom got ham, salami, prosciutto, and a whole bunch of other meats today at the grocery store. And I cant have any until the morning. It sucks.

Speaking of Good Friday, we cant eat meat today. And mom got ham, salami, prosciutto, and a whole bunch of other meats today at the grocery store. And I cant have any until the morning. It sucks.

It should only be 45 minutes until Saturday where you are and then it's party time!!! ;)

It should only be 45 minutes until Saturday where you are and then it's party time!!! ;)

opps, I forgot, I'm such a bad catholic, dang

Haha, I'm usually halfway through my ham/salami/pepperoni sandwich when I remember on Fridays during lent. And I cant let a good sandwich go to waste. :laugh:

Oh, and only about 20 more minutes until I get to dig into the prosciutto... Yummy!!

I'm not Catholic but my husband was raised Catholic so today he didn't eat any meat. Well other than fish meat that is. :smuggrin:

I'm not Catholic but my husband was raised Catholic so today he didn't eat any meat. Well other than fish meat that is. :smuggrin:
No, fish you are allowed to eat on Fridays. I just dont eat fish because I dont like it.

No, fish you are allowed to eat on Fridays. I just dont eat fish because I dont like it.

Yeah I know. I just like to give my husband a hard time because he said no meat today (for him) and I was like, ummm fish is meat. It's fish meat. :smuggrin:

Hahaha, very true. Fish = :barf:

I got sick once when I was younger from some bad fish and just havent eaten it since. I really want to because its good for me. And I hate ordering burgers and chicken all the time at the beach. I think its a texture thing for me. A little... soft and squishy I think. Whereas chicken and red meat has more toughness to it, and well, it doesnt taste like fish. :smuggrin:

Any recommendations to start out eating fish? Tuna? Tilapia?

Hahaha, very true. Fish = :barf:

I got sick once when I was younger from some bad fish and just havent eaten it since. I really want to because its good for me. And I hate ordering burgers and chicken all the time at the beach. I think its a texture thing for me. A little... soft and squishy I think. Whereas chicken and red meat has more toughness to it, and well, it doesnt taste like fish. :smuggrin:

Any recommendations to start out eating fish? Tuna? Tilapia?

Yeah I don't like fish so I have no recommendations for you. I agree with you on the texture thing. The only fish I will eat is Long Johns. That's some fresh "fish" right there. :smuggrin: That's what my husband had for lunch and dinner!! :laugh:

Yeah I don't like fish so I have no recommendations for you. I agree with you on the texture thing. The only fish I will eat is Long Johns. That's some fresh "fish" right there. :smuggrin: That's what my husband had for lunch and dinner!! :laugh:
Poor guy... :laugh: I usually just get the chicken and eat hush puppies and fries when I am forced to go there. But they all have a slight fishy smell/taste because the same grease is used to fry them all. I usually will choose Krystals or even mcdonalds over Captain D's or LJS any day. Krystal I actually like. Taco Bell too. I am strange, yes, I know.

Poor guy... :laugh: I usually just get the chicken and eat hush puppies and fries when I am forced to go there. But they all have a slight fishy smell/taste because the same grease is used to fry them all. I usually will choose Krystals or even mcdonalds over Captain D's or LJS any day. Krystal I actually like. Taco Bell too. I am strange, yes, I know.

Please, no discussion of artifical food stuffs is allowed on my thread

hydrocarbon petrochemical by-products:
Dispenser_Nacho_Cheese.jpg
Please never eat this. It is manufactured as a byproduct in Odessa, Texas from the oil industry.

I'm editing this to say "Sorry LauraDO. Too many people think this constitutes good eating."
The entire thread is for the celebration of YOU.....
How bout getting back to topic (GODDANG KILL THE PIG LAURADO IS ACCEPTED TIME TO PARTY WITH A GIGANTIC VIRTUAL BARBECUE) and stop talking about organic chem, anyone?

dsc01284_4747.jpg
I just want his hat. forget pig snout taco.

goddang it just must be a great feeling after all this time
I'm so happy for you

goddang it just must be a great feeling after all this time
I'm so happy for you

I keep on having to tell myself that it is actually true, I'm a bit afraid that I'll wake up and it won't be reality

I keep on having to tell myself that it is actually true, I'm a bit afraid that I'll wake up and it won't be reality
Dude, no more nightmares, no more anxiety is allowed.
you SERIOUSLY DID IT!

congrats from one waiting still in the wings....
i have to tell ya, i envy you bigtime!
sending you a Texas hug even though I wish someone was sending me one!
You are A ROCKSTAR.
I am :spam:.
:spam: I am.

LauraDO (why is your username so aesthetically pleasing?),

Congrats on your acceptance - it is a wonderful feeling. :)
I woke up to a 104 fever on my interview day. It was the worst! But I am so glad things worked out for ya!

Woohoo, medical school! :)

LauraDO (why is your username so aesthetically pleasing?),

Congrats on your acceptance - it is a wonderful feeling. :)
I woke up to a 104 fever on my interview day. It was the worst! But I am so glad things worked out for ya!

Woohoo, medical school! :)

ha, ha, that is funny, I'm so glad my name is so attractive. Thanks for your well wishes