Ran Out of Time on NAPLEX

Started by pharm_rx1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharm_rx1

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UPDATE: I passed!!

I took my Naplex today and ended up not finishing 10 questions out of 250. The last 10 prior to that I was just guessing. I lost track of time and was triple checking math. I’m a slow test taker so I probably should not have done that.

Feeling extremely depressed as I studied my butt off for the last 2.5 months. Anyone encounter the same situation and passed? Thanks in advance!
 
Last edited:
I took the NAPLEX on Monday and same thing happened to me. Took too much time early in the exam, huge headache came on around 10:30am and never went away, and was on #239 or #240 when it timed out. And I was guessing the previous 10 or so because time was running out. Several people told me that didn't finish and still passed so don't get your hopes up. I didn't get all the calc right so I'm worried for myself.
 
I ended up with a migraine on the exam with 2 hours left and still a lil over 20 questions to go. I just randomly selected answers so I could leave and passed in the high 90s.
Thanks for your response! That’s very hopeful. Were you pretty confident in the questions prior to those 20 questions?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took the NAPLEX on Monday and same thing happened to me. Took too much time early in the exam, huge headache came on around 10:30am and never went away, and was on #239 or #240 when it timed out. And I was guessing the previous 10 or so because time was running out. Several people told me that didn't finish and still passed so don't get your hopes up. I didn't get all the calc right so I'm worried for myself.
That’s exactly my situation! Pls update when you find out if you passed
 
Hi guys
Naplex is at the door steps and kind of stressed out. Looking for some advice regarding the calculations, biostat and other topics
Know the basic equations for CrCl, the few "Corrected values", mixing concentrations for final product, calculating infusion rates. Know very well the various basic biostat equations involving relative ratios and NNT/NNH. You may also read on the statistical tools used in different study types if you have time.

Other than that, definitely get yourself familiar with the big topics in brand/generics and alternative drug of choice based on allergy/electrolytes/liver/renal functions. For speciality topics such as Onc, HIV/HPV, etc, know the big picture in treatment strategy, drug class, brand/genrics and the most common side effect(s). Review drug interactions/genetic variant effects and surely there'll be some questions on drug references and compounding but they're pretty straight forward.

All I used was Rxprep book and test bank plus SDN 120 calculations but I reviewed the math several times to make sure I understand how and when to use every equation and I write the equations out everyday to help me memorize them. If you nailed the calculations, you have more than 50% chance of passing the exam. During the exam, I wrote the equations out first thing even before starting question #1.

Hope this helps and best of luck to you!
 
Thanks for your response! That’s very hopeful. Were you pretty confident in the questions prior to those 20 questions?

Late response but probably. Prior to taking it I heard you only need to answer like a little over half the questions to pass. I knew I definitely got the math questions which were a joke except for like 2 which were poorly worded. And of the regular multiple choice, I felt like I had at least half ofem so I was like, whatever, at that point.
 
Know the basic equations for CrCl, the few "Corrected values", mixing concentrations for final product, calculating infusion rates. Know very well the various basic biostat equations involving relative ratios and NNT/NNH. You may also read on the statistical tools used in different study types if you have time.

Other than that, definitely get yourself familiar with the big topics in brand/generics and alternative drug of choice based on allergy/electrolytes/liver/renal functions. For speciality topics such as Onc, HIV/HPV, etc, know the big picture in treatment strategy, drug class, brand/genrics and the most common side effect(s). Review drug interactions/genetic variant effects and surely there'll be some questions on drug references and compounding but they're pretty straight forward.

All I used was Rxprep book and test bank plus SDN 120 calculations but I reviewed the math several times to make sure I understand how and when to use every equation and I write the equations out everyday to help me memorize them. If you nailed the calculations, you have more than 50% chance of passing the exam. During the exam, I wrote the equations out first thing even before starting question #1.

Hope this helps and best of luck to you!
Thanks for your response