random bio questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yumi43

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
all these threads mention that bio is so random, which is driving me crazy and making me super nervous! is it random and general, or random and specific/detailed?

for bio, i am using kaplan with all of its online materials (subject tests, workshops, quizzes, etc.), kaplan notecards, and ap cliffs. i've gone through kaplan reading about 1.5 times, and went through cliffs almost twice, did the quizzes at the end of each chapter, took notes, and am planning to go over both these resources at least one more time within the last two weeks i have before my exam. i have also slowly been doing destroyer problems, which i hope to finish this week and go through them again. i kind of suck at bio. is there anything else i should be doing to prepare? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

you should be fine with that, so long as you're absorbing and understanding what you're reading, and that you're doing well with the end-of-chapter questions in cliff's after you go over the material. fill in any holes of what you're reading by looking up as much extra info as you can on wikipedia or other sources too. i found the destroyer bio questions really helpful too with all of the random bits that you wouldn't run into anywhere else. good luck!

I agree with kneecoal. On the DAT, you will certainly run into "definition" questions where you either know it or you don't, but also you will run into questions where you have to apply your biology knowledge to answer them. Flash cards worked great for me to practice the definition questions. As for the application questions, make sure you understand why things happen and try to come with possible test questions as you are studying (at least thats what I did). It sounds like you are already off to a great start, good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you all for your advice!! i have two weeks left from this friday until my exam, so i hope i can get everything done by then.

From what I remember, it may have been random, but I didn't think there were many that were tough. There were probably 4-5 that were a step above in difficulty that seemed like the test writers wanted you to miss, but other than that I don't remember too many super detailed ones.

I think you are doing as much as you can possibly do to get bio down, so I am sure you will be alright, but if you have the time, try doing the multiple choice parts of the AP bio tests that come with the book (or buy the 5-pack of 'em) and do those problems and read about the right and wrong answers. I'm a big fan of doing a lot of practice problems.

denner, did you read the lab portion of ap cliffs also? is that something we might get tested on?