Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part 9

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beary

Pancytopenic
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread, part 9!! This is just a fun thread for random conversations and is frequented by some pretty awesome folks! :D Everyone is welcome!

lol%20keyboard.jpg

Final tally from part 8:
beary 1,307
Nikki2002 1,060
Anastasis 962
jlw9698 879
WilliamsF1 584
Arsenic 584
megboo 467
mshheaddoc 458
lilithny 379
Dr Durden 376
TypeA 357
oxeye 346
Mr. Tee 338
scentimint 322
UMP 296
BrettBatchelor 228
R.P. McMurphy 208
Crazy Canuck 177
supernova33418 168
gujuDoc 114
Hernandez 83
MollyMalone 81
QofQuimica 62
RAD11 53
Pemberley 24
Celina 13
Penny2004 12
gradu8in2003 12
R.P.McMurphy 8
EvoDevo 8
baylormed 6
rcd 4
Bismuth 4
BeatrixKiddo 3
Cozmosis 3
DRKUBA 3
corbis11 2
DrKnowItAll 2
Four 2
da_donut 1
physiclas87 1
smuwillobrien 1
polarbingbear 1
simpleman 1
sweetstuff25 1
supafield 1
icey 1
Darlaa 1

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah they were talkinga bou this in the osteopathic forum. Apparently they are trying to make this a "specialty" med school or so the rumors are flying. Pretty interesting since we were going to interview there. Damnit. Maybe we should have gone anyways :p Let's see if they get accreditation first ...

SO is H-town set?
In one form or another... the only place I'm still waiting on that I stand a chance at is Baylor and what works for Houston will work for Baylor.

(Sorry Beary: I give up on Mich at this point and I think IU rejected me because my dad is very cryptic about a letter I got from them.)

Nikki: I agree about apartments but these prices are absolutely nuts! :barf:

that's my problem--studying makes me SO HUNGRY!!!!
Usually I get so into it I just snack a TON. I might be forced to nap. I haven't been sleeping well.

HOLA!! not much.....rainy day.
Yeah its overcast here today although no rain supposedly.

And my new cat is apparently in heat so she's confined to my garage until we can get her fixed. :( She's very vocal and my male cat has been "pouncing" her, LITERALLY. Its kinda funny. All my animals have been neutered/spayed young so this is the first time I've ever seen a cat in heat.

In one form or another... the only place I'm still waiting on that I stand a chance at is Baylor and what works for Houston will work for Baylor.

(Sorry Beary: I give up on Mich at this point and I think IU rejected me because my dad is very cryptic about a letter I got from them.)

Nikki: I agree about apartments but these prices are absolutely nuts! :barf:
baylor ... :thumbup: I wish I could even apply there but its not worth my time. That's a great school there ... I'm so excited for you although not for the apt hunting

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah they were talkinga bou this in the osteopathic forum. Apparently they are trying to make this a "specialty" med school or so the rumors are flying. Pretty interesting since we were going to interview there. Damnit. Maybe we should have gone anyways :p Let's see if they get accreditation first ...

Yeah - they didn't say if it was allo or osteo and I was wondering that. Wonder what a "specialty" med school would be like

What's a "specialty" med school?

And hello thread! Glad to see more activity!

My autopsy that I did on Monday is (rather unexpectedly, at least to me) turning out really interesting and is generating lots of interest from multiple departments of the hospital. Literally, people are stopping me in the hall and saying "hey you did that Monday autopsy right?" Unfortunately, 1) I didn't take any pics, and 2) this was the first one of 2007 and our head of autopsy is trying out this new 2 attending signout thing. I don't think this is going to work well with such a complex case. :scared:

wow there were only 7 posts after 5 pm yesterday!! what's happening, postwhores?? is everyone ok? :p
I'm sick.

And mad. :mad: We're having our washing machine fixed today to the tune of $415. Note to all of you - the Maytag Neptunes are horrible!!! We've had so many repairs on these POS machines.

I'm sick.

And mad. :mad: We're having our washing machine fixed today to the tune of $415. Note to all of you - the Maytag Neptunes are horrible!!! We've had so many repairs on these POS machines.

$415???? :eek: Buy a new one it is cheaper.

Hey All,
Congrats on finally killing part 8 :D I'm a bit late in adding my contribution to Part 9...but better late than never. Hope you had a great holiday break. Mine was good, until I got home and found that my computer busted, so I'm posting from school now.
Here's this educational clip for nature afficionados that I thought I'd pass along. Spiders on drugs. Very informative :laugh:

http://axiomsun.com/home/video/effects_of_drugs_and_alcohol_on_spiders.html

I had a very long to do list today and I have just about got it all done! Woot! :cool:

It is amazing how your productivity continues to go up throughout your career. I can do so much more in a day than I used to be able to.

I had a very long to do list today and I have just about got it all done! Woot! :cool:

It is amazing how your productivity continues to go up throughout your career. I can do so much more in a day than I used to be able to.

I need to tackle my list, too.

I read somewhere that the anxiety of putting things off or not getting to finish a to-do list is worse than the anxiety felt while actually doing the tasks.

Which makes me really not want to be a procrastinator.

My hives are back. They come on at night, no matter where I am. I started breaking out at a client's house yesterday at 5pm. By the time I got home my legs were covered.

On a good note, they are definitely less severe than they were, but still, it's annoying to say the least. I'm going back to the allergist on Monday to get my blood drawn for more tests.

My hives are back. They come on at night, no matter where I am. I started breaking out at a client's house yesterday at 5pm. By the time I got home my legs were covered.

On a good note, they are definitely less severe than they were, but still, it's annoying to say the least. I'm going back to the allergist on Monday to get my blood drawn for more tests.

Oh no megboo. :( I had hoped it was all solved.

I could REALLY REALLY use tomorrow off. Please please let there be no autopsies (a diener is working tomorrow so he'll do the paperwork, so I don't even have to come in if there isn't a post).

Sunday I have to come in regardless.

** wishing no autopsies for beary!! **
** wishing the healing fairy comes and makes oxeye feel better **

ps: oxeye...i am so into weffriddles now :p
i'm up to level 32.

Oh no megboo. :( I had hoped it was all solved.

At least it's getting better. I also got to take the day off since my clients called in sick today (all 3 of them!). So I've been in my jammies watching re-runs of America's Next Top Model. I've had a gurgly tummy, though so I think I'm picking up something from one of the kiddos.

Typical. I think working as a speech therapist in a peds setting is convincing me to not pursue a peds specialty, or at least one where I have a LOT of extended contact with kids who have the flu/cold/strep/contagious dz!

Megboo - I've determined that kids are just walking, talking petri dishes. ;)

I caught whatever I have from the baby. And my older one caught it from her, but she's already better. I think the baby and I both have sinus infections and if we're both still gunky on Monday we're both going to see a doctor (I'll just have to find one for myself, ugh).

I'm shadowing the general surgeon that my dad works with over spring break! I was going to get a LOR from my mom's clinic, but we both thought it would be best that I try not to look too shady, especially since my married name has my maiden name still, and her clinicl's letterhead has her name on it.

So, their neighbor is the general surgeon for the hospital and my dad casually brought it up during surgery today, and he was like "cool!"

I'm shadowing the general surgeon that my dad works with over spring break! I was going to get a LOR from my mom's clinic, but we both thought it would be best that I try not to look too shady, especially since my married name has my maiden name still, and her clinicl's letterhead has her name on it.

So, their neighbor is the general surgeon for the hospital and my dad casually brought it up during surgery today, and he was like "cool!"
That's great megboo! I bet it will be a lot of fun for you. I hope you see some cool surgeries.

And I don't think I'd try to get one from your mom's clinic either.

Status
Not open for further replies.