Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part 9

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beary

Pancytopenic
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread, part 9!! This is just a fun thread for random conversations and is frequented by some pretty awesome folks! :D Everyone is welcome!

lol%20keyboard.jpg

Final tally from part 8:
beary 1,307
Nikki2002 1,060
Anastasis 962
jlw9698 879
WilliamsF1 584
Arsenic 584
megboo 467
mshheaddoc 458
lilithny 379
Dr Durden 376
TypeA 357
oxeye 346
Mr. Tee 338
scentimint 322
UMP 296
BrettBatchelor 228
R.P. McMurphy 208
Crazy Canuck 177
supernova33418 168
gujuDoc 114
Hernandez 83
MollyMalone 81
QofQuimica 62
RAD11 53
Pemberley 24
Celina 13
Penny2004 12
gradu8in2003 12
R.P.McMurphy 8
EvoDevo 8
baylormed 6
rcd 4
Bismuth 4
BeatrixKiddo 3
Cozmosis 3
DRKUBA 3
corbis11 2
DrKnowItAll 2
Four 2
da_donut 1
physiclas87 1
smuwillobrien 1
polarbingbear 1
simpleman 1
sweetstuff25 1
supafield 1
icey 1
Darlaa 1

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys! i'm flying back to someplace someplace in a few hours, i just wanted to stop by and see what you slackers were up to. :p

my laptop crashed on me yesterday morning so i'm using my dads laptop to post this...... booooooooo to crashing laptops.

safe flight home A!

jlw - :clap: on the diag! Dude, you guys are making me feel slackerish :p Although I'm going through all the material at least once before I start any tests ... I'm too nervous. But now I wanna take 3R to see how I'm doing .... :oops:

hey guys! i'm flying back to someplace someplace in a few hours, i just wanted to stop by and see what you slackers were up to. :p

my laptop crashed on me yesterday morning so i'm using my dads laptop to post this...... booooooooo to crashing laptops.
Safe flight home, A! :)

So guys, do you think investing on an elliptical/treadmill for my apt might be a good idea? I'm usually bad about hitting the gym and downtown Houston not the safest for running outside. Plus while I love Yoga and it's great for toning I think I need more aerobic too.

So guys, do you think investing on an elliptical/treadmill for my apt might be a good idea? I'm usually bad about hitting the gym and downtown Houston not the safest for running outside. Plus while I love Yoga and it's great for toning I think I need more aerobic too.
I have friends that did this (but it wasn't in med school b/c they can get pricey). I think its a great idea though. I have exercise tapes I'm going to be doing and supplementing in going to the gym wtih them on days I have class on campus with a gym. :thumbup:

I have friends that did this (but it wasn't in med school b/c they can get pricey). I think its a great idea though. I have exercise tapes I'm going to be doing and supplementing in going to the gym wtih them on days I have class on campus with a gym. :thumbup:
My dad found a consumer reports bargain buy for $400... if I like it I may use the rest of my computer loan to buy it in the fall (I'm going to test it out first, don't worry). Plus they don't keep track of what you spend that loan on - which seems kinda dumb to me.

Members don't see this ad :)
My dad found a consumer reports bargain buy for $400... if I like it I may use the rest of my computer loan to buy it in the fall (I'm going to test it out first, don't worry). Plus they don't keep track of what you spend that loan on - which seems kinda dumb to me.
ooooooh that iss pretty good. Yeah they don't keep track of your money at all so that is good and bad ...

I love my elliptical.

Hey jlw and meg, how did you set up the 3r? Did you take it timed and with no soluntions?
untimed (did part of it Xmas day, finished it yesterday). had the solutions available, but tried to be a good girl- kept my wrong answers so as not to skew my score to a 45 or something. :rolleyes:

One of my Christmas gifts. Thought BB might enjoy:
g116.gif

He's not the only one who enjoys it. :smuggrin:

Well I had 9 faculty interviews. They weren't that great IMHO. I haven't interviewed for a month and was pretty rusty. I don't think I externally showed as much interest in the school as I could have.

:eek: Guess you mudphuds earn that free flight and hotel after all. Did you not show interest because you're only interested in WashU? ;)

Yeah, um, let me think about that. NO. :cool:

10 days until the expansion pack comes out! Whole new continent, level cap up to 70, flying mounts, new professions, woot woot! :D

I still prefer Hello Kitty Adventure Island.

my current location shall remain undisclosed in order to preserve any shred of anonymity I have left.

I will say that the cafeteria food is not all that bad, however my other hospital's is signifcantly better. REALLY good, actually. Who knew.

my current location shall remain undisclosed in order to preserve any shred of anonymity I have left.

I will say that the cafeteria food is not all that bad, however my other hospital's is signifcantly better. REALLY good, actually. Who knew.

Do you eat the cafeteria food often?

time to resume paper writing.. if only the time with the best friend could last longer. :(

pray for me as i write the paper and then attempt to analyze statistical data collected from my experiment...:eek:

congrats S&M! Really good school! I'm excited for you! You could do your rotations in my old stomping grounds the previous most dangerous city in america :rollseyes: :smuggrin:

Dude, the practice test took too long. I started just picking answers :smuggrin: Not too bad though but I need to work on content stuff. At least I have an idea of how its structured now. Practice, practice, practice. And now onto studying and making dinner!

sweetie--i hope you had a nice flight! sorry about your laptop.....is it still under warrenty?

Hey jlw and meg, how did you set up the 3r? Did you take it timed and with no soluntions?

I did it untimed, but kept my eye on the clock to "unofficially" time myself. I also had the answers on and some I had to look up since they were a little tricky.

I didn't do it straight through - I did one section per day, and skipped the 2 WS's.

Status
Not open for further replies.