Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part XIX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oxeye

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yay, I started a random thread! :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Does Nellyville = St. Louis??? :confused: :confused:

Yep, because next to beer, this is The Lou's best export:

nelly_150.JPG

Yep, because next to beer, this is The Lou's best export:

nelly_150.JPG

:thumbup: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:p

So hope you guys have fun. You should take pics and put them on facebook of you, Tee, Penguin, Megboo, and whoever else will be at your shin dig. Oh and bring back some baked goods from penguin and ship them to me. ;) :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

:thumbup: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:p

So hope you guys have fun. You should take pics and put them on facebook of you, Tee, Penguin, Megboo, and whoever else will be at your shin dig. Oh and bring back some baked goods from penguin and ship them to me. ;) :smuggrin: :smuggrin:
um, you could just pay me some money and I'd ship them directly. it'd be quicker for you. :idea: :D

on WEDNESDAY??????????? crap, how many nights do I have to entertain you?!?!?! :D :hardy:

btw, megboo- when are you hitting town?

I probably won't be coming in until Friday night. I can't cancel my clients :(

I'd say I'd be getting in about 9-ish at the latest - if that's cool. I'll send you a more specific e-mail next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why do that when my peepz would get it to me for free. :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :laugh: :laugh: mwahahahaahahahaha
mmmmmmmmm.... stale brownies! :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

meggy-meg- that's perfect. :thumbup: just wasn't sure if I was expecting Fri night/Sat AM.

Tee- we'll talk re: dinner Wed or Thurs (probably not both, as I really should be studying a little for my test the next week)

here's hoping the weather gets better! low overnight was about 35. BRRRRRRRRRR The high was around 80 on Monday! :scared:

Hey all! Thanks for all the input on my Fall schedule. I think I have decided to hold off on the Cell Bio. I thought my advisor was a little overzealous, but I just smiled. I talked to someone today who also said that the labs were mainly just busywork...a write up and show up. More time consuming than anything. I would rather not fight that battle again. I have other plans for next semester as well, so I can't wear myself too thin.

Thanks again!

Hey all! Thanks for all the input on my Fall schedule. I think I have decided to hold off on the Cell Bio. I thought my advisor was a little overzealous, but I just smiled. I talked to someone today who also said that the labs were mainly just busywork...a write up and show up. More time consuming than anything. I would rather not fight that battle again. I have other plans for next semester as well, so I can't wear myself too thin.

Thanks again!
good luck with it! i think you made a wise choice. i'm sure you could handle it, but it would be a challenge for anyone, so probably best to focus on doing as well as you can (as the others said). :)

Oh man, I just bought a shower mirror- best $10 I ever spent. Nothin' beats a steamy shave.

On another note, does anyone else here cringe when they see someone refer to the MCAT in plural form? Example: "I haven't sat for the MCATs yet, but my practice scores have been in the high teens. Next week is my test date and I plan to rock the MCATs with a 40." It's just like when people say they're "goin' down to Wal-Mart's"..... aghhh......

**shivers run down spine**

:D

Oh man, I just bought a shower mirror- best $10 I ever spent. Nothin' beats a steamy shave.

On another note, does anyone else here cringe when they see someone refer to the MCAT in plural form? Example: "I haven't sat for the MCATs yet, but my practice scores have been in the high teens. Next week is my test date and I plan to rock the MCATs with a 40." It's just like when people say they're "goin' down to Wal-Mart's"..... aghhh......

**shivers run down spine**

:D
Hey mongrel, Welcome! and I just commented on your MDAPPS. Nice profile :thumbup:

:laugh: Ana might be my score twin, but mongrel's shaping up to be my EC twin. Good luck with next year's cycle. :thumbup:

Tee- we'll talk re: dinner Wed or Thurs (probably not both, as I really should be studying a little for my test the next week)

Let's do Thursday cuz I have the whole night to do whatever!

I meant to say I'm arriving on Thurs. (sorry brain fart!).

I finally have a non-MCAT comment.. lol

I'm moving into my own apartment today! No more dorm life for me... :D

Anyway, may not be around for a couple days until I get net up and going at the new place. Hope all the Saturday testers do wonderfully!!

Hi guys - I have family in town so I haven't been online much. Hope everyone is doing well :)

You know what's truly sad? Being beaten at Putt Putt Golf by your 4 yr old nephew. That's just pathetic :p

Hi guys - I have family in town so I haven't been online much. Hope everyone is doing well :)

You know what's truly sad? Being beaten at Putt Putt Golf by your 4 yr old nephew. That's just pathetic :p

Yes, Ana, that is pretty pathetic. :laugh:

Nice to have you back though! :love:

Pathetic but FUNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: sorry dude. probably would have happened to me too though. :p

:laugh: sorry dude. probably would have happened to me too though. :p

haha yeah....

I went to visit one of my two best friends in north central Florida and her brother, her best friend from there, her friend's cousin, her, and I all went to play mini golf.

I totally sucked balls when it came to playing golf.

Bored I am!!! La la la!! Bored I am!! :laugh: :laugh:

I'm at work. Don't feel like reading for class right now but kind of bored and hungry and my pizza isn't coming for another a hour or so.

Bored I am!!! La la la!! Bored I am!! :laugh: :laugh:

I'm at work. Don't feel like reading for class right now but kind of bored and hungry and my pizza isn't coming for another a hour or so.

Agh me too. I'm just counting the minutes until the special extended episode of the The Office starts at 7.

Agh me too. I'm just counting the minutes until the special extended episode of the The Office starts at 7.

LOL yeah I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooo bored. I can't wait to get off work.

Crazy Canuck,

Since you are going to do a PhD, I must refer you to a very funny comic strip that is often printed in the USF oracle.

The comic strip is called "Piled Higher and Deeper!" by Jorge Cham. There is a website for it that is as follows: http://www.phdcomics.com

He was here at Vandy yesterday. :laugh:

I second Brett's TGIF! :cool:

Really?? You met the creator of that comic strip?? That's awesome!!!

I love the comic strip. It reminds me of the grad students in the chem lab where I used to do research. It seems to mimic how a lot of them eflt and how a lot of the other grad students in the department felt. That's why I love it. :D :hungover: :p

this has been an emotionally exhausting week. I can't wait for you guys to get here. I need a drink with friends. Or 5.

for those keeping score and know what I'm talking about, someone who hasn't spoken to me in 7 months broke her silence today and apologized.

conflicted penguin.

He has a slight advantage at being closer to the ground and able to see the target more clearly ;)

You'd kill him with your long game if you were out on the course, I'm sure! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.