Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part XIX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oxeye

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yay, I started a random thread! :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
(((Penguin))) - I don't know who it is or what happened between you two but I'm sure it is hard. I have a friend that hurt me pretty badly and I'm not sure how I would take it if she came to me now and apologized. (((hugs)))

I'm taking my old dog to the vet in the morning. She's been limping and when I tried to check out her foot, she yelped in pain. I very gently touched the area and she has a mass on her foot. :( The breed is prone to toe cancer so I'm making a guess that is what it is.

I hope I'm wrong. She's 13.5 years old so if it is cancer, all we can really do is remove the toe and wait for her to get sicker. :( It would be silly to go to more extreme measures (chemo I guess) on a dog this old right?

I feel sick to my stomach over this. I know she is old and something is going to get her sooner rather than later but she's been part of my life for so long.

Oxeye, I hope your dog can stick around awhile longer and continute to be such a bright point in you and your girls' daily lives. :love:

Pengouin, I hope the reconciliation works out for you. I'm looking forward to downing that drink (or 5) next week. :thumbup:

Ana & Lil, glad to have you girls back.

Funk, good luck snagging that first post tomorrow/this morning.

Tee, good luck sniping something this late. :smuggrin:

((oxeye)) i hope things go well for you... and the doggie!

morning everyone!

((ping and beary)) early mornings yikes!

Members don't see this ad :)
you miss the ability to post when you see a thread that makes you :mad: and you can't say anything

It was mini golf. Not real golf. On a side note, though, a friend of mine took a real golf class in fall as a fun easy A class since she had room to do so.

I couldn't imagine playing it as a real hobby even if I could get good at it. It seems so blah and boring!!!

Oxeye,

Sorry to hear about your dog. Hope everything works out.

Penguin,

I don't know the story with this person and you but I do know what it is like to have someone who's pretty much totally hurt you and then try to come back and pick up like nothin happened after a lot of time has passed. So I empathize with you and hope things work out.

Ana/Lil,

Glad to have you gals back on board.

Thanks you guys. My dog is at the vet right now. She's so sensitive about the area being touched that he wanted to sedate her to get a closer look. So she's there until the afternoon.

But I got the impression that the vet thought it was pretty bad. :(

Yup, my dog has cancer. :( :( :( Not much you can do with a dog that's 13.5 years old except keep her comfortable.
so sorry :( :( :(

:confused: And you care because? ;)

this is such a good point

guju- thanks. at least there's no pretense of "nothing ever happened". so that's good.

Yup, my dog has cancer. :( :( :( Not much you can do with a dog that's 13.5 years old except keep her comfortable.

Sorry to hear. My heart goes out to you. My friend recently had a cat that died of cancer and I know it was slightly hard on her.

I'm totally reading spoilers for the first 2 Sopranos episodes :smuggrin:

On a different note - we have an appraiser coming to our house tomorrow. Hopefully we can close on our mortgage in a few weeks.

We're taking a .8% interest rate hit, but at least we'll be able to pay off the taxes by refinancing.

Nope. They're actually waiving all of that and paying me $26k/year to attend, lol. All I can say is that I'm EXTREMELY GRATEFUL I'm MSTP.

So have you and/or Dr. Durden officially decided where they will be next year?? Or are you both speaking in hypothetical terms because you are at WashU's second look??

i just got back from a car convention.

I sorta want a porsche now, or a bmw 7 series, or a bmw m6 :D

What kind of porsche do you want?? :laugh::laugh:

Porsche's used to be one of those things you heard about but never saw even with the millionaire's families where I grew up?? Now a days, however, I see Boxters and Carreras all over Tampa all the time. I think they've lost their exclusivity. However, I've heard the GT2 is supposedly the fancy version that only the richest of the richest can afford. :laugh: :laugh:

Porsche's used to be one of those things you heard about but never saw even with the millionaire's families where I grew up?? Now a days, however, I see Boxters and Carreras all over Tampa all the time. I think they've lost their exclusivity. However, I've heard the GT2 is supposedly the fancy version that only the richest of the richest can afford. :laugh: :laugh:

Other than increased production, which isn't really much, it boils down to financing. Car financing for expensive cars wasn't as frequent back 15+ years ago. Back in the 80s and before, a guy with a Ferrari, Porsche, etc, basically had to pay for it with cash. Now, almost anyone who tries can find financing for an expensive car. They over-extend themselves to afford something that they couldn't afford with the same financial situation a couple decades ago.

Back then, you saw a new Porsche, you knew the owner had money. Now you see a new Porsche, it could very well be owned by someone putting a large amount of their monthly income into a car payment.

Sorry to hear about your dog Oxeye...my heart goes out to you. It's amazing how attached you can become to pets, especially ones that have been around for so long.

Other than increased production, which isn't really much, it boils down to financing. Car financing for expensive cars wasn't as frequent back 15+ years ago. Back in the 80s and before, a guy with a Ferrari, Porsche, etc, basically had to pay for it with cash. Now, almost anyone who tries can find financing for an expensive car. They over-extend themselves to afford something that they couldn't afford with the same financial situation a couple decades ago.

Back then, you saw a new Porsche, you knew the owner had money. Now you see a new Porsche, it could very well be owned by someone putting a large amount of their monthly income into a car payment.

You make a good point.

Hey y'all, I just posted a new blog entry. If you get a chance, please give me your opinion on the matter. Thanks.

On another subject, I think there is a little tiny person with a big knife inside my head poking me through my right optic fissure. DANG! I am in serious pain! Dude! AGGH! :thumbdown:

hmm..the 911 turbo was pretty damn nice. It costs like 125,000 without anything in it. I think it's cool that the engine is in the back

Status
Not open for further replies.