Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part XV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anastasis

caffeinated for safety
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Welcome to part 15!

diesel.vin.111003.jpg

Mmmm sexy even in a skirt.

Official Totals for Part 14:
Anastasis 149
megboo 136
pingouin 116
Mr. Tee 81
Arsenic 61
beary 53
Dr Durden 49
PBandJ 47
DocFunk 44
DrBowtie 39
TypeA 38
Nikki2002 38
oxeye 30
gujuDoc 28
WilliamsF1 17
EvoDevo 16
Crazy Canuck 13
lilithny 12
UMP 10
mshheaddoc 9
QofQuimica 9
RAD11 6
Pontifex Maximus 2
CalvinTK 1
gradu8in2003 1
docolive 1

Members don't see this ad.

Man, I MAJORLY screwed up a bunch of diagnoses last night. Good thing for faculty signout! :scared:

I ordered a bunch of immunostains too on "tumors" that turned out not to be tumors. I just tried to call and cancel them but it's too late. Your healthcare dollars going down the drain. :( *sigh*

Hopefully tonight I will do a better job. I don't know what was wrong with me yesterday!

Members don't see this ad :)
Man, I MAJORLY screwed up a bunch of diagnoses last night. Good thing for faculty signout! :scared:

I ordered a bunch of immunostains too on "tumors" that turned out not to be tumors. I just tried to call and cancel them but it's too late. Your healthcare dollars going down the drain. :( *sigh*

Hopefully tonight I will do a better job. I don't know what was wrong with me yesterday!
sorry to hear beary. :( everyone makes mistakes

:( sorry beary!!

Wow, dead thread today. :(

What is everyone up to? Nothing too interesting in my life, though I finally bit the bullet and made an appointment to see my blood pressure doc in a couple weeks. I've been in a state of denial about it for the past year. :rolleyes:

First physics test is in couple weeks. This is me ==> :scared: I just need to pass the stupid class right?????

What is everyone up to? Nothing too interesting in my life, though I finally bit the bullet and made an appointment to see my blood pressure doc in a couple weeks. I've been in a state of denial about it for the past year. :rolleyes:

First physics test is in couple weeks. This is me ==> :scared: I just need to pass the stupid class right?????

oxeye!!!1

What's up with the blood pressure?

Oh, and physics? Didn't you get a 14 in the PS section? No worries. :p

oxeye!!!1

What's up with the blood pressure?

Oh, and physics? Didn't you get a 14 in the PS section? No worries. :p
I had weird BP issues when I was pregnant (hypertension that started really early on and then turned into preeclampsia later on). My BP went down on its own after my first baby but the second seems to have done me in and has never gone down completely.

I got a 13 on PS - but I attribute that to chemistry. I suck at physics.

I had weird BP issues when I was pregnant (hypertension that started really early on and then turned into preeclampsia later on). My BP went down on its own after my first baby but the second seems to have done me in and has never gone down completely.

I got a 13 on PS - but I attribute that to chemistry. I suck at physics.

Oh wow, I hope everything turns out right after the visit to the doctor. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh I'm not worried or anything - I just need to go back on medication.

What are you up to?

'Bout to watch my college ball team play South Carolina. Durden and Tee should be watching their schools play Miss St and Miss, respectively. All of our games start now.

Then it's a new episode of Lost at 10 PM. :D

What you up to?

I am 99.9% sure I have a lymphoma in an axillary lymph node dissection on a breast case. (Not something you see every day!) :cool:

A pic would help as I have no idea what you're talking about. :) Although I'll say not too worry about what happened earlier in the day. There are much bigger problems in the world. :)

Beary, sucks what happened to CE at Daytona. I'm sure he'll do fine in California this Sunday (is it this weekend?).

'Bout to watch my college ball team play South Carolina. Durden and Tee should be watching their schools play Miss St and Miss, respectively. All of our games start now.

Then it's a new episode of Lost at 10 PM. :D

What you up to?
Sounds like fun. :)

I'm going to order pizza in half an hour or so and then curl up with my girls in front of the tv after dinner and watch last night's and tonight's American Idol.

I've decided that there is no way my laptap is going to last until med school starts (the motherboard needs to be replaced apparently!!!!) so I'm researching new computers now.

Any suggestions? The tablets seem cool and I found one with really good reviews (Asus R1 or something like that) for $1600, but I'm not sure if a tablet is really worth the extra cost.

Sounds like fun. :)

I'm going to order pizza in half an hour or so and then curl up with my girls in front of the tv after dinner and watch last night's and tonight's American Idol.

Is Paula Abdul still a judge on that show? I saw her drunk a few times and figured she would be let go.

I've decided that there is no way my laptap is going to last until med school starts (the motherboard needs to be replaced apparently!!!!) so I'm researching new computers now.

Any suggestions? The tablets seem cool and I found one with really good reviews (Asus R1 or something like that) for $1600, but I'm not sure if a tablet is really worth the extra cost.

I'd say get a Dell. You can get a good one for about $850 shipped if you know someone that works for a company that gets a 15% discount. Shouldn't be too hard as a lot of companies have deals with Dell.

If we can take you guys down, I'm not worried about Miss St. :smuggrin:

I'll be watching the Tennessee/Bama game instead.

Is Paula Abdul still a judge on that show? I saw her drunk a few times and figured she would be let go.
i dont think i've ever heard her say anything negative at all. She really just brings the whole show down. But i guess not everyone can be simon.

megboo- close call. those cds you gave me? yeah, for some reason the stereo in my house doesn't recognize them. (they're fine in the car) so I found my old cd walkman with the car adaptor (to those of you who don't remember the need for these, just stop reading now) and the auxiliary line... and it didn't recognize them either. :mad: except for the last one... so then I thought "maybe it's a disc issue..." so I burned a copy of one of them and lo and behold- works fine. :thumbup:

so now I shall have a set for the house and a set for the car. kill me now. :scared:

I really can't wait for this week to be over. I would really like a breather. My last assignment for the week is due at 11:59pm on Friday. This week has been killer. Nothing really unusual, but killer. Thankfully, one of my quizzes was cancelled so that left me with 2 exams, 1 quiz and a paper due this week. I am in the midst of writing the paper....keloid scarring. Treatment, other stuff, blah, blah, blah...as long as I can get enough on paper I don't think the prof is going to care. But, I have lost my patience for it already. Due tomorrow. :eek:

I'd say Pitt and Marquette on the road did that. Tonight was just for seeding. The BE tourney will be big too.

This may be a surprise to you and others, but the conference tourneys dont' play much of a role. Most of the teams in and out along with seeding is basically known at the end of the regular season. So BE tourney won't matter that much. Just a tad. ;)

Btw, Gators clinched the SEC regular season title outright tonight. :D The players were cutting down the nets it was awesome. Only 2nd time in school history have they won the regular season SEC title. First time under Billy Donovan.

Joakim Noah broke 1,000 career points tonight to join Corey Brewer and Taurean Green. Only Lee Humphrey and Al Horford are left. :cool:

:(

:luck: :love:

You're going to do awesome in Physics! :love:

I'm trying not to freak out about August... it's all getting very real and it's kind of scary. :oops:

This may be a surprise to you and others, but the conference tourneys dont' play much of a role. Most of the teams in and out along with seeding is basically known at the end of the regular season. So BE tourney won't matter that much. Just a tad. ;)

Btw, Gators clinched the SEC regular season title outright tonight. :D The players were cutting down the nets it was awesome. Only 2nd time in school history have they won the regular season SEC title. First time under Billy Donovan.

Joakim Noah broke 1,000 career points tonight to join Corey Brewer and Taurean Green. Only Lee Humphrey and Al Horford are left. :cool:
The BE tourney can still help a lot with seeding. If UL wins the BE tournament, I could see them bumping up a few spots especially if they beat a Pitt in the tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.