Random non-pathology and only peripherally related to pathology thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got back from my last MSTP retreat (7th in all). Parting is such sweet sorrow.

My liver is very unhappy with me.

Time for Andy to lie down. Hopefully I won't be too jaundiced when I start the new month tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad.

I like South Park. My favorite characters are Mr Garrison and Towely. If you don't know what I'm talking about I pity you.

Top 5 South Park characters:
1) Mr Garrison (and Mr Hat)
2) Towely
3) Cartman
4) Timmy
5) Butters (and Professor Chaos)

yaah said:
I like South Park. My favorite characters are Mr Garrison and Towely. If you don't know what I'm talking about I pity you.

Top 5 South Park characters:
1) Mr Garrison (and Mr Hat)
2) Towely
3) Cartman
4) Timmy
5) Butters (and Professor Chaos)

Haha...fo shizzle, south park is on now...

Anyways, for me Cartman is number 1 with Mr. Hankey being a close 2nd.

Members don't see this ad :)
AndyMilonakis said:
Anyways, for me Cartman is number 1 with Mr. Hankey being a close 2nd.

Somehow that doesn't surprise me. I hope you saw the episode with Mr Hankey's family - the drunk wife, the son named Cornwallis. Mr Hankey apparently had a problem with erectile dysfunction.

yaah said:
Somehow that doesn't surprise me. I hope you saw the episode with Mr Hankey's family - the drunk wife, the son named Cornwallis. Mr Hankey apparently had a problem with erectile dysfunction.

truly a great episode.

Did anyone notice that Dolphins RB Ricky Williams basically turned down several million dollars just so that he could smoke some dope and not get in trouble?

Towely would be proud.

yaah said:
Did anyone notice that Dolphins RB Ricky Williams basically turned down several million dollars just so that he could smoke some dope and not get in trouble?

Towely would be proud.

wanna go get high?

I have a severe crush on the woman who runs my condo complex. I think she is a few years older then me, but I see no ring. She also drives a similar car than mine although hers is an upgrade and bigger. Has quite a severe michigan accent and it haunts my dreams, pleasantly. I went to pick up a key today but there was a man who works in the complex sitting there. I don't know who this man is but I hope they have a platonic relationship.

Thought you would all like to know this.

yaah said:
I have a severe crush on the woman who runs my condo complex. I think she is a few years older then me, but I see no ring. She also drives a similar car than mine although hers is an upgrade and bigger. Has quite a severe michigan accent and it haunts my dreams, pleasantly. I went to pick up a key today but there was a man who works in the complex sitting there. I don't know who this man is but I hope they have a platonic relationship.

Thought you would all like to know this.

You should go stalk her. Find out what her AIM screenname is.

I noticed from your bio on "That Other Website" that you are a fan of 24 . Recently finished the 1st season, 1/3 of the way thru the 2nd now after becoming an addict during the 3rd season (though watching them in such rapid sequence causes them to become a little more predictable and soap-opera-ish). Question for the All-Knower: do Jack and the Gang return for a 4th this year? If not, I want to start my Paxil now so it will be in effect by the time I finish season #2. Thanks.

gungho said:
I noticed from your bio on "That Other Website" that you are a fan of 24 . Recently finished the 1st season, 1/3 of the way thru the 2nd now after becoming an addict during the 3rd season (though watching them in such rapid sequence causes them to become a little more predictable and soap-opera-ish). Question for the All-Knower: do Jack and the Gang return for a 4th this year? If not, I want to start my Paxil now so it will be in effect by the time I finish season #2. Thanks.

I don't know if you want to get me started on 24...I am rather obsessed. They are coming back for a 4th year, I believe Kiefer is signed up. Somehow I doubt that Mr Chase will be back. That was an interesting twist at the end. And it seems like Michelle and Tony are both history as well. What that means, unfortunately, is that Kim Bauer will return.

You know, if you like 24, the website televisionwithoutpity.com is fantastic. They give nicknames to all the characters (Kim is known as SPAWN. Chloe is POTATO FACE. Tony is SOUL PATCH. Chase is SPECIAL AGENT CHARLIE BROWN). High comedy. Read their recaps here. The website is useful for severe procrastination. The recaps are hilarious. Of course, you have to have seen the show.

Here's a good quote: "God, I feel so bad for Palmer right now. That evil woman who he invited to his office to go do something evil to one of his political opponents has?done something evil. Why does that keep happening? It's just like how Liza keeps marrying these gay men and Michael Jackson keeps getting sued by these kids who come over to his house to play naked pinball."

Season two has some good moments. I seem to remember enjoying the first half, up until when the bomb explodes (spoiler I guess, but you had to know it was coming, right?). After the bomb explodes it gets a bit weird. I actually haven't seen season one. which I regret. When I get a vacation I'll rent it and have a marathon "I hate Kim Bauer but dammit she's nice to look at" viewing session.

I like 24 because they are not afraid to do stuff that makes you say, "Oh my goodness I can't believe they just did that." Although I must say that a lot of it does stretch the truth. They seem to make trips very quickly and there is never any traffic, even in downtown LA. But I forgive them. I hope the David Palmer character returns next season, I like him. I was convinced Kiefer was going to die during season 3 and kept expecting it, but no. He wants one more go round. A lot of the good characters are gone or going though (Ryan, Tony, Nina, Sherry Palmer even though I hated her she made the show interesting, probably the president). A lot of the newly introduced characters last season (Chloe, Chase, etc) were rather dull and pedestrian.

24 is really the only TV show that I watch religiously. Everything else is crap. Crime scene investigations, "family oriented comedies," "Generation X comedies" crap like that.

Andy I was thinking of trying to stalk this woman but I can't keep thinking up reasons to go back to the condo office. And what if the other woman who works there is there? Dammit.

Egads, of course I didn't know the bomb was going to go off! :eek: I'm the most gullible person there is. You are on a par with the guy who told me that Redford didn't really get shot at the end of The Sting. :mad:
Oh, well, there are enough other surprises to keep me interested.
Wonder who the villain(s) will be in Season 4 since Sherry and Nina have been knocked off. In fact, what new dastardly deed can Jack save us from? What's left?
:confused: Maybe he can figure out a way to stop Steinbrenner.

Sorry for the spoiler, but in truth most of the season is not about whether the bomb is going off, but who is planning it all and why. I guess they will have to create a new villain. They have used all the stereotypes so far though except the crazy "patriotic" american gun nut.

Yugoslavian terrorists,
Mexican drug lords,
Arab terrorists,
etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
yaah said:
Sorry for the spoiler.

Yeah...strong work yaah.

Anyways, I can't wait until the 3rd season of 24 comes out on DVD. For some reason, I've never been able to follow the 24 series on Fox. When's the 4th season slated to come out?

That spoiler I made is not really a spoiler. The bomb goes off like halfway through the season. If they prevented it from going off then what would they do? And besides, what if there is another bomb? And where does it go off? See, plenty of unknowns still out there for you. 4th season probably starts sometime after the world series, as I think it did last year. I guess maybe we can assume Jack dies sometime during 4th year? We'll see I guess. I just hope they don't make Kim an even more prominent character.

I saw Goodfellas yesterday. Great movie. I've seen it many times but I always enjoy it. One of my favorite movie scenes ever is the continuous shot from when Henry and Lorraine Bracco get out of their car outside of the Copa until they are seated and Henny Youngman comes on stage. I bet Scorcese was holding a gun to the camera man's head saying, "you screw this up you mother****er and I will ****in' END you. Do you know how much time it takes to coordinate a shot this long?"

Good stuff. Joe Pesci's mother is funny (his character's mother). They show up at her house at 3 in the morning with a body in the trunk and blood on their clothes and she wants them to stay so she can make them a meal.
Why don't you find a nice girl to settle down with?
Ma, I settle down with a nice girl almost every night.

I'm tired today. Some buttwipe (probably either a college kid or a college aged chronically underemployed buttwipe) called me last night at 2am and woke me up. All I heard was slurred speech. Conversation went like this:

Me: Hello?
Mysterious caller: Hmmm ummm prebu nymm?
Me: Excuse me?
Caller: Hmmm ummm prebu nymm?
Me: I can't understand you.
Caller: HMMM UMMM PREBU NYMM!!?!?!?!
Me: Sorry, Bob Dylan, I'm not interested.

I dislike people who do this. It kept me awake for awhile because I am a light sleeper and thus today I am tired. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I hate Bob Dylan.

I'm not sure how amusing the bang-bang-bang one is, but that stupid song will now be officially stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

The ninja site kicked ass though. I will incorporate a ninja into the fantasies I have been having about catching the dickwad who broke into my car in the act of doing it.

I was in the Walgreens for literally five minutes and some crackhead loser busted out my passenger window and took my $30 schoolbag (containing a random nonmedical book, some lip gloss, a bottle of water, and a bag of mixed nuts) but left my white coat (containing badges to hospital, student ID, Palm Pilot, address book/calendar, various medical instruments and a couple vials of Lidocaine), CDs, and $50 sunglasses. What a complete and total *****. I took my wallet and phone into the store with me so that's OK.

However, considering that I live in a desert, the worst part is that the one day I have a busted out window, a monstrous and torrential monsoon storm blew up out of nowhere. Duct tape + garbage bags = handy but ghetto.

It was Friday the 13th......

(But then later, playing Trivial Pursuit for money, I won. So who knows? Certainly the question about "which human organ contains glomeruli?" really helped.)

cookypuss3 said:
I was in the Walgreens for literally five minutes and some crackhead loser busted out my passenger window and took my $30 schoolbag (containing a random nonmedical book, some lip gloss, a bottle of water, and a bag of mixed nuts) but left my white coat (containing badges to hospital, student ID, Palm Pilot, address book/calendar, various medical instruments and a couple vials of Lidocaine), CDs, and $50 sunglasses. What a complete and total *****. I took my wallet and phone into the store with me so that's OK.

Burglars typically aren't too smart to begin with. Hasn't this happened to you before? You need to leave AZ...this is a sign.

Cookypuss - I see an opportunity. Tell everyone the burglar has stolen all of your medical accoutrements, that way when you get back to doing clinical medicine you will "have to borrow" other people's scopes, rulers, hammers, whatever. Then they will just assign other people the tasks because they don't want to loan out their own personal tools. By now, it's sort of too late in the game to make you buy all new stuff.

Burglars are so slimy. What gives them the right to think that the whole world is their own personal ****box? I mean, CEOs do it all the time too, but at least their profligate spending is somewhat good for the economy at large. Get a job, dammit!

yaah said:
Cookypuss - I see an opportunity. Tell everyone the burglar has stolen all of your medical accoutrements, that way when you get back to doing clinical medicine you will "have to borrow" other people's scopes, rulers, hammers, whatever. Then they will just assign other people the tasks because they don't want to loan out their own personal tools. By now, it's sort of too late in the game to make you buy all new stuff.

This is amusing because this did cross my mind yesterday. What if said loser had stolen my stethoscope? (A more pressing question would be WHY someone would steal it.) At $60 and up, am I really expected to go purchase another, when I know for sure that I will permanently be in a lab as of July 1, 2005? What if the stupid short coat had been stolen? That's at least $30. But then I snapped back to reality and remembered that the damn stethoscope is still in the corner of my office somewhere, and the white coat is crumpled on the kitchen table with shards of safety glass still in all the pockets. AND I have to start YET ANOTHER IM gig tomorrow. Dammit all to hell.

And Andy -- it was my boyfriend's car that got stolen a couple months ago. Good memory! This was the first personal assault this particular Jeep of mine has had to endure. other Jeeps..... yes. Arizona is a ****hole.

AndyMilonakis said:
Damn you and your big words :)

I have to look this up in the dictionary now.
I thought it meant excessive, or something to that effect. It appears I was somewhat right.

From http://www.m-w.com/ ;)

Main Entry: 1 prof?li?gate
Pronunciation: 'pr?-fli-g&t, -"gAt
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin profligatus, from past participle of profligare to strike down, from pro- forward, down + -fligare (akin to fligere to strike); akin to Greek phlibein to squeeze
1 : completely given up to dissipation and licentiousness
2 : wildly extravagant : PRODIGAL
- prof?li?gate?ly adverb

Yeah profligate basically refers to reckless and excessive spending, although it doesn't have to refer to just spending.

Cookypuss sorry about another IM sentence. It's like criminal time though, you put in your time, eventually you'll get through it. Just make friends with the toughest, roughest, most hardened resident you can find and ride their coattails, even if you have to occasionally do an unfortunate "favor" for them. They can protect you from the rest of the temptations and jungle that is clinical medicine.

You can also bring in cigarettes and trade them for things. I found cigarettes helpful for getting out of doing painful tasks like rectal exams or femoral sticks.

deschutes said:
I thought it meant excessive, or something to that effect. It appears I was somewhat right.

From http://www.m-w.com/ ;)

Main Entry: 1 prof?li?gate
Pronunciation: 'pr?-fli-g&t, -"gAt
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin profligatus, from past participle of profligare to strike down, from pro- forward, down + -fligare (akin to fligere to strike); akin to Greek phlibein to squeeze
1 : completely given up to dissipation and licentiousness
2 : wildly extravagant : PRODIGAL
- prof?li?gate?ly adverb

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna make sure I find a way to use that word in a sentence during rounds tomorrow. Let's see...you've covered the spelling, lauguage of origin, definition, and pronounciation of the word. If this were a spelling bee, all I could ask to stall for more time would be, "could you use the word in a sentence."

OMG the spelling bee!!

They showed a bit of that this weekend or last week or something on ESPN. Some kid had a vagal episode right before he was supposed to spell. Then he got up and spelled the word correctly. Spelling bees are insane. All the kids are always home schooled, and clearly most of their home schooling time is spent memorizing the dictionary. I hope their parents are happy some day when they are still living in the basement at 40 tending to ficus plants and drawing comics that don't get published.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0334405/
I really liked this movie...a documentary that reminded me of the mockumentaries like BEST IN SHOW, A MIGHTY WIND, WAITING FOR GUFFMAN.
There is one kid in the movie that is hilarious...he desperately needs the South Park ADD treatment.
Anyone else seen it? How about Best in Show etc?

bente said:
I really liked this movie...a documentary that reminded me of the mockumentaries like BEST IN SHOW, A MIGHTY WIND, WAITING FOR GUFFMAN.
There is one kid in the movie that is hilarious...he desperately needs the South Park ADD treatment.

I love all those mockumentaries. I keep hoping the director of those, Christopher Guest, will do a spelling bee movie...Haven't seen Guffman yet though, haven't gotten around to it.

Best in Show is great - my favorite is Larry Miller as the hostage negotiator trying to get his son down from the roof. I'll gouge your eye out with my thumb... And the guy who shows the shih-tzu, packing 7 kimonos for a 2 day trip.

A Mighty Wind - "Wha' Happened?"

Another good one was "Drop Dead Gorgeous" about a beauty pageant in Minnesota (not the same guys though). Hi-larious.

bente said:

I haven't seen this but have always wanted to see it. I tried downloading it a month or two ago and the movie was in Spanish!!!

I'm downloading it now and hope to watch it soon. I like watching spelling bees...it makes me feel so stupid but at the same time, it's amusing watching these kids for whom, this means everything in the world.

If I were to make a mockumentary of the spelling bee, I would definitely incorporate the following elements:

1) A 11 year old kid with big thick glasses saying in the post-spelling bee interview, "This was bull****! Everyone in the spelling was out to get me!...I'm a soldier!" (reminiscent of Kellen Winslow after Miami's loss to VA tech in college football last season - I think).

2) Watching a 10 year old kid in school uniform with dictionary in hand running in Philly (like Rocky in Rocky I and/or II) as a part of his training regimen for the spelling bee.

3) Two kids duking it out on stage after one kid (let's say his name is Jerry) correctly spells "profligate". The other kid, during the fight, screams "that was supposed to be my word biotch" and the crowd chanting, "Jerry! Jerry!"

4) A quick sideshot to a Pakistani family rooting for their last born child. In this family are their first 3 kids, all of whom have won this national spelling bee.

5) The dark horse contestant...A 19 year old kid who has failed the 5th grade five times. He strolls up there with piercings all over his body and is wearing a Winger T-shirt. He is asked to spell the word, "chair". Accompanying him on the stage is the Phonics Monkey.

Another good one was "Drop Dead Gorgeous" about a beauty pageant in Minnesota (not the same guys though). Hi-larious.
I'll check that one out!
Did you know Christopher Guest appears in his films?
I think Andy can help him out w/ the spelling bee mockumentary...some good ideas. But SPELLBOUND, the documentary has one kid on crack and sugar pops ...that character can't be improved upon for the film. He acts like the son of the Weimeraner owners in BEST IN SHOW.

AndyMilonakis said:
I haven't seen this but have always wanted to see it. I tried downloading it a month or two ago and the movie was in Spanish!!!

I'm downloading it now and hope to watch it soon. I like watching spelling bees...it makes me feel so stupid but at the same time, it's amusing watching these kids for whom, this means everything in the world.

If I were to make a mockumentary of the spelling bee, I would definitely incorporate the following elements:

1) A 11 year old kid with big thick glasses saying in the post-spelling bee interview, "This was bull****! Everyone in the spelling was out to get me!...I'm a soldier!" (reminiscent of Kellen Winslow after Miami's loss to VA tech in college football last season - I think).

2) Watching a 10 year old kid in school uniform with dictionary in hand running in Philly (like Rocky in Rocky I and/or II) as a part of his training regimen for the spelling bee.

3) Two kids duking it out on stage after one kid (let's say his name is Jerry) correctly spells "profligate". The other kid, during the fight, screams "that was supposed to be my word biotch" and the crowd chanting, "Jerry! Jerry!"

4) A quick sideshot to a Pakistani family rooting for their last born child. In this family are their first 3 kids, all of whom have won this national spelling bee.

5) The dark horse contestant...A 19 year old kid who has failed the 5th grade five times. He strolls up there with piercings all over his body and is wearing a Winger T-shirt. He is asked to spell the word, "chair". Accompanying him on the stage is the Phonics Monkey.

I would pay top dollar to see this movie! Too funny!

Brian Pavlovitz said:
I would pay top dollar to see this movie! Too funny!

And it wouldn't cost much money to make this movie either. If things go well I could make one million dollars...wait, if things go really well I could make one hundred billion dollars!

Nice phonics monkey reference. Love that episode. I especially love the expressions on phonics monkey's face when Cartman would stare at him.

I think I have a new Olympic sport for hotness, by the way. Fencing. Ooh la la. Lots of fine ladies in that sport. En Garde!!

yaah said:
Nice phonics monkey reference. Love that episode. I especially love the expressions on phonics monkey's face when Cartman would stare at him.

I think I have a new Olympic sport for hotness, by the way. Fencing. Ooh la la. Lots of fine ladies in that sport. En Garde!!

MAYOR: Alright, Eric. Here's your word. Chair. *slowly* chaair.
ERIC: *relying on Phonics Monkey*
MONKEY: *doing nothing*
ERIC: C'mon, Phonics monkey, drum!
MONKEY: *nothing*
ERIC: C'MON!
MONKEY: *doing something, but not drumming*
MAYOR: Eric, your word is chair!
ERIC: Uhh...Definition?
MAYOR: Something you sit on.
ERIC: Country of origin?
MAYOR: English!
ERIC: Could you use it in a sentence?--
MAYOR: FOR GOD SAKES, KID, THE WORD IS CHAIR!
ERIC: Chair...C-H-A-R-E *BUZZER* Damnit, how come I always get the hard ones? *Runs off the stage* GET OVER HERE, YOU SON-OF-A-BITCH PHONICS MONKEY!

So I just watched Spellbound. I realize now that it was a documentary rather than a mockumentary. Oh well, that leaves a mockumentary about spelling bees to still be filmed and produced.

Andy's got work to do!

AndyMilonakis said:
ERIC: Chair...C-H-A-R-E *BUZZER* Damnit, how come I always get the hard ones? *Runs off the stage* GET OVER HERE, YOU SON-OF-A-BITCH PHONICS MONKEY!
This movie NEEDS to be made!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

AndyMilonakis said:

That's a fantastic scene. Whenever Cartman looks over and sees the phonics monkey engaged in some extra-curricular activities...I made a spelling bee joke at our slide conference today and I think it went over everyone's head. I guess it's back to fart jokes for me.

OK...I don't know what other people think...but I'm redirecting this thread to the Olympics subject matter.

I just watched the men's trampoline event for the last 15 minutes. When was this ever considered a sport? Why is this an Olympic event? OK beach volleyball may be bad...but trampoline????

There's a men's trampoline event? Is this gymnastics? What are they actually doing? What is the goal? To jump as high/far as possible? To do backflips?

....waiting for stock car racing to become an olympic sport - horrors.

I think a lot of these stupid events should be coed. Like trampoline, or equestrian, or sailing, windsurfing, whatever.

And you know what? There are too many ****ing swimming events. 50 meter freestyle. 100 meter freestyle, 100 meter breaststroke, 200 meter breastroke, 200 meter medley, 200 meter relay medley, 200 meter backstroke, 100 meter backstroke, 400 meter backstroke, 800 meter freestyle, butterfly (100 meter, 200 meter, probably 400 meter too)ENOUGH!!!! JUST STOP IT!!! STOP CREATING EVENTS!

yaah said:
There's a men's trampoline event? Is this gymnastics? What are they actually doing? What is the goal? To jump as high/far as possible? To do backflips?

....waiting for stock car racing to become an olympic sport - horrors.

I think a lot of these stupid events should be coed. Like trampoline, or equestrian, or sailing, windsurfing, whatever.

And you know what? There are too many ****ing swimming events. 50 meter freestyle. 100 meter freestyle, 100 meter breaststroke, 200 meter breastroke, 200 meter medley, 200 meter relay medley, 200 meter backstroke, 100 meter backstroke, 400 meter backstroke, 800 meter freestyle, butterfly (100 meter, 200 meter, probably 400 meter too)ENOUGH!!!! JUST STOP IT!!! STOP CREATING EVENTS!

like I alluded to before...what's the next event gonna be? synchronized underwater basketweaving? underwater sex?

OMFG the Americans lost AGAIN in basketball. Dream team my ass.

AndyMilonakis said:
I just watched the men's trampoline event for the last 15 minutes. When was this ever considered a sport? Why is this an Olympic event?
yaah said:
I was staring :confused: at the screen last night at the women's trampoline event.

Apparently debuted at the Sydney Olympics.
The commentator was talking about an athlete being able to "jump 10 metres high". Thought I was watching gymnastics (because of the leotards) until I realized that some of the competitors were ~30 years old.

I think climbing a tree should be made a sport.

No, wait - I think climbing a tree and trampoline should be combined into one event.

yaah said:
Sorry deschutes I should have said "metre."
Oh shut up, yaah.

deschutes said:
Oh shut up, yaah.

O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.

Car ton bras sait porter l'?p?e,
Il sait porter la croix!

From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

Et ta valeur, de foi tremp?e,
Prot?gera nos foyers et nos droits.

I think bear baiting should be an Olympic sport. Or how about video game playing?

Hey, I was at a bar in Newport last night and I am starting to think "hitting on girls" should be an Olympic sport. There were some pretty impressive folks there last night. Some guy brought an Acura NSX (a six figure car, looks somewhat like a ferrari) to impress some girls, but of course the car had a dealer plate on it. What a loser. I don't think the girl noticed though. What should have given it away was that she got in the car with a lit cigarette and he didn't seem to care...There was also some girl in a green shirt who was getting major league hit on by half the population of Rhode Island. I thought hot girls always complained because they say guys don't approach them because they are too intimidating? Well, based on what I saw last night, that impression has some serious flaws.

yaah said:
O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.

Car ton bras sait porter l'?p?e,
Il sait porter la croix!
Good day to you, yaah... *shakes head* Either you are truly inspired this morning, or naturellement vous avez fait apprendre par coeur cela... what was I thinking.

yaah said:
I think bear baiting should be an Olympic sport.
Are you calling me a bear?

yaah said:
I am starting to think "hitting on girls" should be an Olympic sport.
It is already a sport of Olympian proportions - something tells me that won't change. :p

deschutes said:
Good day to you, yaah... *shakes head* Either you are truly inspired this morning, or naturellement vous avez fait apprendre par coeur cela... what was I thinking.

The Canadian national anthem is in the top 5 of national anthems (de preference, en Francais), along with the newly restored Russian anthem, La Marseillaise (Allons enfants de la Patrie, Le jour de gloire est arriv? !), the British anthem, and possibly Deutschland, although I haven't officially decided on a 5th.

And no, you're not a bear. But don't you think it would be un sport interessant to throw some tough guys in a ring with some bears and make some sport out of it? Mais oui! Je crois que oui!

You seem quite happily obsessed with list-making.

Peux je sugg?rer le Lofs?ngur islandais, especially in choral - don't tell me my grammar is whacked-out, I know already!

And not this bear.
anipooh4.gif

I think the Russian anthem is just awesome. I'm not Russian of course but it sounds so majestic. The Canadian anthem is a close second for me.

Why doesn't anyone ever rave about the Azerbaijan or Swaziland national anthem.

Oh, because Azerbaijan only won two bronzes and Swaziland not at all.

There, I answered my own question.

The moral of the story is... actually I'm not sure what the moral of the story is. That anthems from larger countries are more majestic??