Random question about Multpile past MCATs and the new 2015 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeThat2-3

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's say you have 3 scores (latest being from the last of the old exam from
Jan 23rd), with 3 past scores no matter how good or how bad if you took the new mcat and scored well (percentile ranking well as we don't know what a premium score will be for admissions like in the past when you got a 30+ you were solid)

My question is regardless of performance from the older mcats will a school entertain your score from the new mcat, or is it essentially a waste with 3 older mcat scores and that being the standard they are use to comparing students with, so would the new score have any factor at all or just get throwing out the window regardless of score?

Members don't see this ad.

Will they entertain your new 2015 score? Yes, absolutely.
Will the new score overshadow the past attempts? Possibly.

Reactions: 1 users
Let's say you have 3 scores (latest being from the last of the old exam from
Jan 23rd), with 3 past scores no matter how good or how bad if you took the new mcat and scored well (percentile ranking well as we don't know what a premium score will be for admissions like in the past when you got a 30+ you were solid)

My question is regardless of performance from the older mcats will a school entertain your score from the new mcat, or is it essentially a waste with 3 older mcat scores and that being the standard they are use to comparing students with, so would the new score have any factor at all or just get throwing out the window regardless of score?
If you do really well on the new MCAT, I think it would also matter what and how you learned from your experiences with the old MCAT. I think admissions committees are interested in learning how people improve over time, it probably speaks to how you are going to respond to potential setbacks while in medicine.

Reactions: 2 users