Random questions about the actual MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

onedirection

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering

On the actual MCAT,

Can we increase the size of the font of text?

Will Cross-outs carry over on marked questions?

If I click on a white area/double click will that notes box show up?

If I double click on something will it highlight?

Can I highlight things in the question?

Is there actually a pause feature if we have to go use the bathroom?

Members don't see this ad.

Great questions that I would like answered as well.

I know that the notes function does not exist on the actual MCAT and it's only a function on the practice ones.

I wish the double clicking on a word actually highlights because it's way faster and I get annoyed when I do it on the practice AAMC tests and the notes box comes up

As far as I know, you're not allowed to leave during a section. You can only use the bathroom during one of the breaks

Definitely not. I don't know if you're allowed to go to the bathroom during a section or not but the timer will not stop regardless.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just took the MCAT 2 days ago:

The font size cannot be varie. Yes crossouts will carry over, for all the questions. On the real test, the notes thing doesn't exist and double clicking will highlight the word (very convenient). You can't highlight anything in the question, and you definitely cannot pause the test in the middle to take a bathroom break

I was wondering

On the actual MCAT,

Can we increase the size of the font of text?

Will Cross-outs carry over on marked questions?

If I click on a white area/double click will that notes box show up?

If I double click on something will it highlight?

Can I highlight things in the question?

The practice AAMCs will give you the best idea of how the test is set up. With the exception of the pause feature, everything else is the same. There is no increasing of the font nor highlighting of the questions (you can highlight the passage).