Random stuff

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Mystique, Jan 10, 2002.

1. Mystique

Mystique The Procrastinator

Resident [Any Field]
    Yeah, so I just got off the phone with a school. I've called this school two times this week to ensure that they received my fall grades and an extra rec that I had sent in. Anyways, I called Monday to see if they had received my grades, and the lady said "they hadn't, but she was sure they'd receive them before my interview." I was a bit baffled b/c I sure haven't received anything about it. Anyways, I figured it was wishful thinking on my part. ;) Anyways, she told me call back Thursday to check on the extra letter of rec. So, I call back today and she tells me they received my grades but haven't received my letter of rec. Why don't I just have the writer fax them the letter, so they'll have it in time for my interview. I'm thinking "what interview?" But, I got distracted by the mailman's arrival and didn't ask her about it. I'm such a dimwit sometimes!! Anyways, I haven't received a friggin invite in the mail or via e-mail. Should I call again, or would that be jumping the gun? The suspense is just killing me!! What do I do???

Moving on...I go check the mail...and to my delight, I find an interview invite. It's from one of the schools to which I had written a letter (repeal) last December. Anyways, apparently they've changed their mind and are now offering me an interview!! Yeah! I repealed another school while I was at it, but I have yet to hear from them.

Anyways, if any of you feel like you were "unfairly" rejected, give the repeal a shot. I figured I didn't have anything to lose, so I consulted a professor and wrote the letter. I guess I'll have to wait and see if my letter works its charm at the other school...

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. THE instiGATOR

THE instiGATOR Cow Tipper

I thought about appealing my Dartmouth rejection. The physician I shadow interviewed there when he was younger and said it sucks. I don't know if he really thinks it does or if he was trying to make me feel better. Anyway, I wonder if I should give it a try. It's probably too late. I guess I'll suck it up and take it like a man...a SwampMan, that is ;) .