Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well we will be wrangling some from little league teams and youth soccer. Gotta diversify the portfolio

I highly recommend wrangling some dog show children. Not that I'm biased or anything but those kids are clear winners. :p

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My boyfriend likes to make jokes about having 6 kids and I have to keep telling him that's only happening if he's planning to grow a uterus and help. :laugh:
The fiance really wants to be a dad and older me is fine with 2 or 3. I'm kinda sketched out by having just one so goal is 2 (no offense to only children on the forums; it directly stems from having a younger sibling and she deciding to dip out of life unexpectedly).

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
The fiance really wants to be a dad and older me is fine with 2 or 3. I'm kinda sketched out by having just one so goal is 2 (no offense to only children on the forums; it directly stems from having a younger sibling and she deciding to dip out of life unexpectedly).
I read an article once that claimed 3 was the most stressfull number to have.

Since then I've been deadset on 2 or 4 because I also don't want just one.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I read an article once that claimed 3 is the most stressful number to have.
Mr. Bats is one of 3. Older brother is 6.5 years older. Younger brother is 6.5 years younger. I can definitely see this. Granted, ours will have 3 years between *max*.

I'm curious why three is more stressful than any other numbers

Because you still have the illusion on control with 3 and by 4 you're just like "whatever, just don't kill each other" as you sip a glass of wine in a corner by yourself?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I’m currently in the 0-2 camp.

Was hard 0, in last couple years at times have found myself thinking specific babies are kind of cute and at some point in the future maybe wanting one.

I will never have a large family. I am an only child and enjoy my only child upbringing. 2 kids would be my absolutely max, if I do decide I for sure want any. Definitely zero for the foreseeable future lol.

Still horrified for what pregnancy and birth does to your body. Vet school has increased that horror haha.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m currently in the 0-2 camp.

Was hard 0, in last couple years at times have found myself thinking specific babies are kind of cute and at some point in the future maybe wanting one.

I will never have a large family. I am an only child and enjoy my only child upbringing. 2 kids would be my absolutely max, if I do decide I for sure want any. Definitely zero for the foreseeable future lol.

Still horrified for what pregnancy and birth does to your body. Vet school has increased that horror haha.
Allllllllll of this. Even the growing up an only child part. My bf absolutely wants kids, and right now the only children I want are ones with fur. I just don't know if that'll ever change for me though, but if it did I think 1 would be preferable with 2 as the max.

…and I'd probably skip the pregnancy part and adopt. Much easier to control the number of kids that way too.

You never know, my mom had me at 40! You gotta take extreme measures to make sure that powerplant is shut down
Extreme measures are the hopeful plan for post-production stage! The powerplant (oddly autocorrected to PowerPoint) does not need to be fueling too much. Lol

Reactions: 1 user
Is this a good time to admit that I've never seen that movie?

• Wow
I have friends who have large families; some thru adoption, some the "old-fashioned" way. LOL I have one set of friends that thought that they would only ever have 1 child, due to issues. However, they now have 6. 2 "natural", 2 adopted, and 2 thru "embryo adoption. (I apologize I don't remember the correct term, that is how they referred to it) They are so happy! Tired, but happy. The same for another set of friends, who have 7, all born to them, and then they foster 1-2 every year. Again, they are tired, but so happy with the chaos! I have other friends who only have 1 or 2, or none, and are also happy. You just have to find what is right for you, and go with it.

Reactions: 3 users
So! I’ve been working on a project for my mom’s birthday in July and I’m really excited for it! I joined this FB group and I’ve been compiling these notes from all over the world!

So I’m SUPER psyched. Bc she loves traveling and obviously that’s not super safe or possible this year. I have one coming in from Peru today!

soooo if any of y’all find it in your heart of hearts to help a girl out make my momma’s 55th birthday present spectacular please lemme know :laugh: you will have my eternal love and gratitude (and you could PM them to me to further heighten the anonymity) :laugh:

An example of some of them I have: <3
420F8A2E-815A-4579-86D9-EEEDA904BE16.jpeg
D5017038-BE6E-45DF-9301-14FD30B1C871.jpeg
B111B027-D53E-4A4D-A09D-56EDADC4EE80.png

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
So! I’ve been working on a project for my mom’s birthday in July and I’m really excited for it! I joined this FB group and I’ve been compiling these notes from all over the world!

So I’m SUPER psyched. Bc she loves traveling and obviously that’s not super safe or possible this year. I have one coming in from Peru today!

soooo if any of y’all find it in your heart of hearts to help a girl out make my momma’s 55th birthday present spectacular please lemme know :laugh: you will have my eternal love and gratitude (and you could PM them to me to further heighten the anonymity) :laugh:

View attachment 327571View attachment 327572View attachment 327573
I gotchu boo

This is a fantastic idea!

Can we submit multiple locations?!

Hey, does anyone know how different the 5th edition of Thrall radiology is from the 7th? I want a copy and someone at school is selling the 5th edition for cheap. If it is still enough "up to date" to use I was thinking I would do that instead of spending several hundred on the 7th.

Looking for opinions on how you guys feel about treating pets of family. Idk my family kinda crazy and frankly I wouldn’t want to be their veterinarian lol

Looking for opinions on how you guys feel about treating pets of family. Idk my family kinda crazy and frankly I wouldn’t want to be their veterinarian lol
Hard no. Will not do it.

Lol glad I’m not the only one who won’t treat pets of family members. I would consider maybe my immediate family like my brothers and moms but hard pass on extended family.

I am considering moving somewhere that I don’t have extended family specifically for this reason. I don’t want them to try and get a discount or deal with any of that. My parents dog I’ll be the vet for, but about anyone else, probably not.

But also I deeeef thought you wrote “treating pets as family” and was initially slightly horrified when you guys didn’t want to treat your own pets as family

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I'll do it for my mom and sister (or would if we lived in the same state) but that's only because I know they'll listen and won't take advantage. My sister literally apologized to me for asking questions about diet stuff for her cats. I guess I don't have too many people in my family I'd turn down as clients (unless they gave me a reason to) but no one else would get special treatment.

I guess my grandma too probably but she doesn't have any pets :laugh: Idk, my family is kinda small and everyone is pretty chill, it's the hubz's family I have to watch out for...kinda wish they didn't know I was a vet sometimes :laugh:

• Haha
I'll do it for my mom and sister (or would if we lived in the same state) but that's only because I know they'll listen and won't take advantage. My sister literally apologized to me for asking questions about diet stuff for her cats. I guess I don't have too many people in my family I'd turn down as clients (unless they gave me a reason to) but no one else would get special treatment.
In a similar vein I'd be ok treating my brother's cats because he's not an idiot and wouldn't ask for freebies. Every other member of my family can suck it. :laugh: