You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Random Stuffs
Started by PetPony
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
to anyone that likes horror movies - the new Obsession movie was genuinely so creepy and engaging. hard to find nowadays with horror films. i recommend!
NOTEDto anyone that likes horror movies - the new Obsession movie was genuinely so creepy and engaging. hard to find nowadays with horror films. i recommend!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
@WildZooto anyone that likes horror movies - the new Obsession movie was genuinely so creepy and engaging. hard to find nowadays with horror films. i recommend!
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
ALSO NOTEDto anyone that likes horror movies - the new Obsession movie was genuinely so creepy and engaging. hard to find nowadays with horror films. i recommend!
Hey guys dumb question how / where can I order prevention / drugs for my own animals now that I have a license 😃
Hey guys dumb question how / where can I order prevention / drugs for my own animals now that I have a license 😃
I just order through my hospital 😅 if your rotating is at an academic center, I bet you could do it through a drug rep
Very few let you order in small enough quantities to make it worth it nowadays. Most make you pay for an online storefront if you want to send single doses and not buy things by the case. And that’s not worth it for just yourself.Hey guys dumb question how / where can I order prevention / drugs for my own animals now that I have a license 😃
I have an account with Midwest vet supply. Was easy to set up, and I buy a “case” of 10 monthly bravecto doses because that came out cheaper and won’t expire before I can use it like a case of the 10 3 month bravectos will. I do buy a case of 10 6-dose boxes of Sentinel but it doesn’t expire for several years so that works out.
Thank you!Very few let you order in small enough quantities to make it worth it nowadays. Most make you pay for an online storefront if you want to send single doses and not buy things by the case. And that’s not worth it for just yourself.
I have an account with Midwest vet supply. Was easy to set up, and I buy a “case” of 10 monthly bravecto doses because that came out cheaper and won’t expire before I can use it like a case of the 10 3 month bravectos will. I do buy a case of 10 6-dose boxes of Sentinel but it doesn’t expire for several years so that works out.
MWI also lets you make your own account and I think so does First Vet Supply
Had my boss put my old girl down this evening after she started falling a ton this afternoon and not being able to right herself- like way more than normal for her and her old self. It was the right decision but just feeling sad and depressy about it. Pic of my lovely girl from a few years ago❤️💔
Hugs, mixy 🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷🩷 she was a gorgeous baby
So much love for you, mixy 🧡
Forgot (or maybe wanted to forget) how much debris, dust, and whatever else is generated from home renovations. A LOT!
Kept the cat safe in a closed-off, very well-ventilated room during renovations but cat still managed to get covered in powdery dust from construction work!
The CAT also walked in some WET PAINT (that was supposed to be dry) when cat was liberated from her closed-off room one evening.
Fortunately, cat was apprehended before her painted paw prints could do much harm!
Here is a photo of one of the bathrooms in its initial state of disrepair and renovation.
Every other room containing any drainage pipes looked similar ... so, like everywhere.
Glad work is finally done! 🙂
Kept the cat safe in a closed-off, very well-ventilated room during renovations but cat still managed to get covered in powdery dust from construction work!
The CAT also walked in some WET PAINT (that was supposed to be dry) when cat was liberated from her closed-off room one evening.
Fortunately, cat was apprehended before her painted paw prints could do much harm!
Here is a photo of one of the bathrooms in its initial state of disrepair and renovation.
Every other room containing any drainage pipes looked similar ... so, like everywhere.
Glad work is finally done! 🙂
Last edited:
That looks like a lot of fun! (Not facetious/sarcastic). I'm glad it's done and hope you guys enjoy the new place.Glad work is finally done! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
unfortunately mine are from another store with an active boycott: american eagle/aerie.It appears my old two piece bathing suit has finally bit the dust and I haven't had to buy one in many years at this point. Anyone have good recommendations for swimsuits for people on the curvier side? I don't shop at Target these days.
i’ve had mine for like 6 years now and they fit great, and feel so comfortable after all this time. maybe you can find some on depop?
That's where this one was from (and where my one piece suit is from). I just don't like the options they have up right now.unfortunately mine are from another store with an active boycott: american eagle/aerie.
i’ve had mine for like 6 years now and they fit great, and feel so comfortable after all this time. maybe you can find some on depop?
Ugh. Thanks though.
It appears my old two piece bathing suit has finally bit the dust and I haven't had to buy one in many years at this point. Anyone have good recommendations for swimsuits for people on the curvier side? I don't shop at Target these days.
Try Lands End! They make really high-quality swimsuits for feminine, curvy figures. They are pricey when not on sale, but they appear to be having a sale right now
I feel like as vets we don't really get the sympathy cards and such when our own pets pass. Don't get me wrong, my job is great and got me a sympathy basket, but my groomer sent me a sympath card with a picture of her. I cried like a baby 😭Had my boss put my old girl down this evening after she started falling a ton this afternoon and not being able to right herself- like way more than normal for her and her old self. It was the right decision but just feeling sad and depressy about it. Pic of my lovely girl from a few years ago❤️💔
View attachment 420807
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Me: I'm going to be more financially responsible hmmyes
Also me: just bought multiple pairs of scrubs because they were on sale for Prime Day and are more comfortable than the work-provided scrubs I have
Also me: just bought multiple pairs of scrubs because they were on sale for Prime Day and are more comfortable than the work-provided scrubs I have
me saying the same thing and then discovering the beauty of cordless vacuums (but @fauna talked me down from spending $160 on a pretty purple bissell for the bigger, corded one that was way cheaper)Me: I'm going to be more financially responsible hmmyes
Also me: just bought multiple pairs of scrubs because they were on sale for Prime Day and are more comfortable than the work-provided scrubs I have
I know I’m old cause my parents just got me a really nice shark vaccuum for moving…I’ve never vacuumed so much in my life until now 🤣me saying the same thing and then discovering the beauty of cordless vacuums (but @fauna talked me down from spending $160 on a pretty purple bissell for the bigger, corded one that was way cheaper)
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
You guys are making me have vacuum FOMO, which is not a sentence I ever expected to write in my life.
WHICH ONE PLZI’m still in love with my new bissell. Best vacuum I’ve ever used.
We bought it a few months ago and I love itWHICH ONE PLZ
The pet attachment for the hose is like its own mini vacuum. My couch and cat tree have never looked better.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
We bought it a few months ago and I love it
The pet attachment for the hose is like its own mini vacuum. My couch and cat tree have never looked better.
Hey @Zenge142 should I buy a vacuum lolRetail is $200 and prime has it for $120
Doooooo iiiiiiitHey @Zenge142 should I buy a vacuum lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oh im ordering rnRetail is $200 and prime has it for $120
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
Adulthood: excitedly sharing vacuum recs with your friends
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
I have the same one as @apoptosis09 and agree it’s also a good one. My mom bought it for me when I moved into my current house. Dust canister could be bigger if I’m being critical, but it cleans well and is easy to empty.
I’m casually perusing the robot vacs on prime day for daily use in the new house but not ready to spend that kind of money quite yet.
I’m casually perusing the robot vacs on prime day for daily use in the new house but not ready to spend that kind of money quite yet.
apoptosis09
She/her • tOSU CVM c/o 2029
Please tell us what you name it if you get one 😅I’m casually perusing the robot vacs on prime day for daily use in the new house but not ready to spend that kind of money quite yet.
It’s on the list of things to buy, but I don’t want to have to store it in my current house for the next 4-6 months until I move.Please tell us what you name it if you get one 😅
I do have one now, but it’s over 7 years old and doesn’t work well so I usually don’t even run it. I just use the shark liftaway. But new house means new things.
It’s really a shame it’s not socially acceptable for me to have a “gift registry” for this new house. Like I’m single with no plans to get married, who wants to buy me a new kitchenaid, plates, and a vacuum now instead of years from now/probably never?
I have this one and I love it. It is as even less expensive when I bought it nearly five years ago ($40). It has come up in price, but I think it is still a very good deal for a pet-friendly vacuum at $67.
It’s on the list of things to buy, but I don’t want to have to store it in my current house for the next 4-6 months until I move.
I do have one now, but it’s over 7 years old and doesn’t work well so I usually don’t even run it. I just use the shark liftaway. But new house means new things.
It’s really a shame it’s not socially acceptable for me to have a “gift registry” for this new house. Like I’m single with no plans to get married, who wants to buy me a new kitchenaid, plates, and a vacuum now instead of years from now/probably never?
I feel the same. We should totally be able to throw parties with gift giving expectations for all of the life occasions that need it. For example, I really needed it for my first apartment. I am a person who prides herself in having a clean house and my floors were a disaster because I could not afford a vacuum. Moving out on my own was a big accomplishment for me in my early 20s and it would have been nice if I could have had help getting what I needed. Conversely, all of my cousins lived with their partners for a long time before marriage and then had wedding showers where they got household goods even though they already had the basics of what they needed to function. It doesn’t seem fair, y’know?
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Zenge has now gone deep into a rabbit hole researching vacuums and I fear he may never come out.
Vacuum Wars was incredibly helpful for usZenge has now gone deep into a rabbit hole researching vacuums and I fear he may never come out.
This was our other top contender before we settled on the Bissell one.We have this one with the rubber brush and it's amazing for pulling pet hair out of the carpets. Like having one of those rubber brooms built in lol
This is (the newer version of) the one I had before! Bought it in 2020.I have this one and I love it. It is as even less expensive when I bought it nearly five years ago ($40). It has come up in price, but I think it is still a very good deal for a pet-friendly vacuum at $67.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Stay tuned for Vacuum WWars, at this rate.Vacuum Wars was incredibly helpful for us
This is the one I have. My parents found it on sale at Costco I believe.
She’s spency but good god she’s beautiful and works so well. The attachments????? And it auto detects what kind of surface you’re on (carpet vs hardwood vs deep rug/carpet)
Like I’m actually obsessed with it
Please haha that would be such a funny speed gameStay tuned for Vacuum WWars, at this rate.
Also I see vacuum wars but all I hear is robot wars. So I’m imagining vacuums killing each other or with blade attachments haha
This is going to date me and I’m sure you young’uns have no idea what I’m talking about, but my parents had a beast of a vacuum in the early 90s. Maybe a Rainbow? It was huge and you had to put water in it to trap the dirt so it was gross to clean, but that thing WORKED.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Aaaaaaaaaaand we bought a vacuum.
This is going to date me and I’m sure you young’uns have no idea what I’m talking about, but my parents had a beast of a vacuum in the early 90s. Maybe a Rainbow? It was huge and you had to put water in it to trap the dirt so it was gross to clean, but that thing WORKED.
My MIL still has this vacuum and uses it
Idk what happened to ours. We moved in the late 90s, but I can’t remember if it quit before then or what. My grandma had hers longer but doesn’t anymore.My MIL still has this vacuum and uses it
Idk what happened to ours. We moved in the late 90s, but I can’t remember if it quit before then or what. My grandma had hers longer but doesn’t anymore.
They've lived in that house since we were in elementary school. So it's gotta be older than the dirt it sucks up.
What's wild is that she took out all the carpet except what's upstairs. BUT THEN SHE WENT AND LAID A RUG DOWN ON ALMOST EVERY AVAILABLE SURFACE
Which one? Which one????Aaaaaaaaaaand we bought a vacuum.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 19
- Views
- 2K