Random Stuffs

Started by PetPony
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They've lived in that house since we were in elementary school. So it's gotta be older than the dirt it sucks up.

What's wild is that she took out all the carpet except what's upstairs. BUT THEN SHE WENT AND LAID A RUG DOWN ON ALMOST EVERY AVAILABLE SURFACE
Carpet vs all solid surface floors is one of the few house decisions I’ve gone back and forth on. I really like having carpet in the bedrooms but it’s just so much cleaner without carpet. And despite averaging more than three dog beds per dog, the dogs sleep on the floor under the beds a lot. But I think I’ve decided to go with LVP floors and area rugs so that it’s a little easier to clean if the dogs have accidents as they get older.
 
I really like having carpet in the bedrooms but it’s just so much cleaner without carpet.

I definitely prefer carpet cause of the warmth. And when I lived alone, it was prestine. The dogs make the difference though. Having one short hair dog has changed my husband's life when it comes to vacuuming. Meanwhile my BIL/SIL have three dogs and a cat with no carpet.... You'd have to sweep multiple times a day to make it not look like there's hair everywhwr
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You'd have to sweep multiple times a day to make it not look like there's hair everywhwr
Imo they have the wrong color flooring. My shep/mal and brown mini aussie you cant tell they shed like crazy anymore. The "weathered farm wood " color is so much better than the dark flooring I had previously-it was terrible.
Carpet vs all solid surface floors is one of the few house decisions I’ve gone back and forth on. I really like having carpet in the bedrooms but it’s just so much cleaner without carpet. And despite averaging more than three dog beds per dog, the dogs sleep on the floor under the beds a lot. But I think I’ve decided to go with LVP floors and area rugs so that it’s a little easier to clean if the dogs have accidents as they get older.
LVP all the way. My house only had carpet in bedrooms and the living room. My living room carpet desperately needed replaced due to old dog peeing everywhere. So what *should* have just been a living room flooring replacement turned into whole house flooring replacement. It was $$$ which hurt a bit but SO worth it.
Also not moving houses for a long time now after that investment-gotta get my monies worth 😂😅
 
Luckily since I am drawn to wirehair dogs they don’t shed a lot day to day. I do remove a lot of hair when I groom them and handstrip though. Tracking in dirt and dead grass is more of the issue at my house due to the doggie door and their love of digging.

We put LVP in the common areas of my current house when I moved in five years ago and it’s been great. Bedrooms are currently still carpet. But I’d rather have to vacuum daily and know I got all the dirt than have it hidden deep in the rugs.
 
Prime day? Nah, I don't need nothing.

Went to Ulta because I just dyed my hair and need more color safe shampoo? Found out it was the big summer sale and accidentally spent $200 :scared:
RAE I JUST SPENT $100 ON DAN AND PHIL TICKETS, $120 ON A NEW VACUUM AND $900 ON A NEW COUCH. WHYYYY WOULD YOU SHARE WITH THE CLASS WHEN I AM LITERALLY OUT OF EVERYTHING AND WAITING FOR MY PETSITTING MONEY TO HIT 😭😭😭😭😭😭
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Speaking of shopping, has anyone bought a suit in person recently? Where did you go to find a conservative interview suit? Some of the options online seem too fashion-forward for an early middle-aged woman going on a job interview. I have a job interview on Tuesday. It was a total surprise. I tried in my hand- me-down suit and it was way too big, so I need a new suit.

I am only 7-10 pounds heavier depending on the day but have gone up two pant sizes since my last suit purchase 12 years ago. Make it make sense, lol. That one was Ann Taylor.
 
Speaking of shopping, has anyone bought a suit in person recently? Where did you go to find a conservative interview suit? Some of the options online seem too fashion-forward for an early middle-aged woman going on a job interview. I have a job interview on Tuesday. It was a total surprise. I tried in my hand- me-down suit and it was way too big, so I need a new suit.

I am only 7-10 pounds heavier depending on the day but have gone up two pant sizes since my last suit purchase 12 years ago. Make it make sense, lol. That one was Ann Taylor.
Express CAN be more conservative/classic. I find that their basics in black, brown, and blue are nice. The sizing is inconsistent though; I wear anywhere from a 10-14.
 
Speaking of shopping, has anyone bought a suit in person recently? Where did you go to find a conservative interview suit? Some of the options online seem too fashion-forward for an early middle-aged woman going on a job interview. I have a job interview on Tuesday. It was a total surprise. I tried in my hand- me-down suit and it was way too big, so I need a new suit.

I am only 7-10 pounds heavier depending on the day but have gone up two pant sizes since my last suit purchase 12 years ago. Make it make sense, lol. That one was Ann Taylor.
I got my suit for vet school interviews at Macys (but was also like 9(!!!) years ago)
 
Mine is named Butler DJ Roomba
Speakers Roomba GIF by Parks and Recreation
 
Express CAN be more conservative/classic. I find that their basics in black, brown, and blue are nice. The sizing is inconsistent though; I wear anywhere from a 10-14.

I got my suit for vet school interviews at Macys (but was also like 9(!!!) years ago)

Seconding Macy's! That's where I went in 2023 for my interview suit and they had lots of good options

thirding macy's lmao also got a suit there few years ago. They have good sales sometimes!

Thank you guys so much! I tried Macy’s first because they were having a good sale and I found exactly what I wanted (simple, fitted, solid color suit). 🙂 It was 40% off too! 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't really expect to be vacuuming gleefully on my birthday but I guess this is 35 :laugh: 👵

WHAT?! YOURE OLDER THAN ME?! HOW DID I NOT KNOW?!?!

I’ve already said it once, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAINNNNN

You’re the same age as Mr. Ski 😂 his birthday was the 12th.

I DIDNT KNOW IT WAS MR. SKIS BIRTHDAY. TELL HIM HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM US
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A dog sport friend asked me how old I was last weekend. I said “36, 37 next month.”

I was born in September, not July. I did catch myself and say, oh wait, 37 in September, not next month. My friend is apparently 53 and she simultaneously called me a “young’un” and told me if I can’t keep my birthday straight at 36 I’m doomed by 53.

(For some additional context, the dog sports I like to do are predominated by old retired ladies with a smaller subset of middle aged 30-40s people like myself, fewer gen Z, and a smattering of kids drug along because their mom or grandma are there. Last weekend our scentwork judge was 90 years old, though she’s an outlier.)