Random Stuffs

Started by PetPony
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
4m visit peds went well (aside from the vaccines ofc, we still scream cried)

They said babymcat can start purées if he’s interested bc of his development. I know it won’t replace bm but part of me is tempted. When did yall start your little ones?
I have no children of my own yet, but my bff started around 6 months with her first because that’s when he finally actually had enough head control to sit up in a high chair and was less sack-of-potatoes. Her 2nd she forgot to start until closer to 8 months because of the two 2&under thing she had going on 😂
 
I have no children of my own yet, but my bff started around 6 months with her first because that’s when he finally actually had enough head control to sit up in a high chair and was less sack-of-potatoes. Her 2nd she forgot to start until closer to 8 months because of the two 2&under thing she had going on 😂
He can actually sit pretty well! I just see so much back and forth online about it. I may just offer it occasionally to see if he’s interested
 
4m visit peds went well (aside from the vaccines ofc, we still scream cried)

They said babymcat can start purées if he’s interested bc of his development. I know it won’t replace bm but part of me is tempted. When did yall start your little ones?

Pediatrician told us we could start at 4 months if we wanted.

I started at (or just before?) 6 months.

He could sit pretty well, was bringing everything to his mouth, and then suddenly became very interested in our food and I considered that my sign that it was time.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We are 30 years older than Child Bats, Husband Bats almost exactly. So Husband just remembers how old Child is to know how old he is

I’m a 1999 baby so whatever the last two digits of the year are I add one.

I routinely still think I’m 24. I am not.

I appreciate being born in '90 more and more every year. I just turn the year+10.

Okay y'all with your fun tricks. I'll just be over here by myself wondering how old I am every year lol
 
4m visit peds went well (aside from the vaccines ofc, we still scream cried)

They said babymcat can start purées if he’s interested bc of his development. I know it won’t replace bm but part of me is tempted. When did yall start your little ones?
We "started" at 4mo. I let him play with a spoon for about a week then I offered him a few bites here and there. Slowly week by week increase how much/often hed be offered food. Daycare for babymixy wont start them till 6mo. So once we hit 6mo we were more serious. He loves his food and is a worse beggar than our dogs now 😅😂
 
For those of you in general practices, how long are you able to leave your records untill you finish them? I'm so used to a 24hr turn around time that it's wild to me I left 5-6 records unfinished today
Some states have a time limit in their practice act. Our records program locks us out after 48 hours, but you can extend the time period when setting up the record if you know you’ll need longer. I try to get all my records done same-day, but I do occasionally have to leave a couple for the next day if the shift is full of problems that require a lot of thinking, or clients that require lots more talking.
 
Im one email away from turning into that person with 10000 unread emails 🙃
After getting 12+ emails today I get it now
IMG_6976.png


Yeah I’d hate to have 1000 emails… 🤣🤣
 
All those notifications give me anxiety.

Once I was calling IT at work for some issue and they saw my email inbox and were like “where are all your emails, do we need to look into that too?” Umm, no sir, I keep an empty inbox and emails are all filed away into their appropriate folders (trash, informational/no action, and already addressed). They stay in my inbox if they still need action so I know what I have left to do, I just don’t usually have any that need attention still.

Usually once a year I go on an unsubscribe binge to cut down on the spam.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I really dont think I could ever work human med specifically be an ER doc. Everything moves so slow. Hubs dislocated his shoulder. Got taken in and evaled right away but then waited over an hr just to get xrays taken-not even interpreted.
Meanwhile I dx, tx, and discharged my dislocation patient in just as much time plus ran labs.
I half joking wanted to ask the doc if I could just go take my husbands rads but he doesnt seem like the kind of dr that would appreciate that 😅
 
View attachment 421451

Yeah I’d hate to have 1000 emails… 🤣🤣
We are kin (though my number doesn't show on the app icon, it would not bother me if it did).

I am the person that has a scrollable list of notifications. All the open tabs. Many many emails. Chaos at all times.
 
I really dont think I could ever work human med specifically be an ER doc. Everything moves so slow. Hubs dislocated his shoulder. Got taken in and evaled right away but then waited over an hr just to get xrays taken-not even interpreted.
Meanwhile I dx, tx, and discharged my dislocation patient in just as much time plus ran labs.
I half joking wanted to ask the doc if I could just go take my husbands rads but he doesnt seem like the kind of dr that would appreciate that 😅

People complaining about wait times bother the hell out of me in vet med. Have they ever been to a human ER? Apparently not 🙄
 
Im gonna be THAT person. Fwiw my husbands feelings are 100% valid just doesn't mean I don't have a hard time understanding them. His mom called and said his uncle had died. Said uncle he has not seen in 12+ years and has only spoken to him like 1-2x in that same time period. My husband is dead set on going to his funeral several states away.

Im very much a be there while they're alive type of person and like sure if youre near go to the funeral. Anyway I digress.
 
Im gonna be THAT person. Fwiw my husbands feelings are 100% valid just doesn't mean I don't have a hard time understanding them. His mom called and said his uncle had died. Said uncle he has not seen in 12+ years and has only spoken to him like 1-2x in that same time period. My husband is dead set on going to his funeral several states away.

Im very much a be there while they're alive type of person and like sure if youre near go to the funeral. Anyway I digress.

I totally get what you are saying and understand how you feel, but some families get really offended when people don’t go to the funeral even if they are multiple states away. Maybe your husband is trying to avoid hurt feelings among the people left behind?
 
I totally get what you are saying and understand how you feel, but some families get really offended when people don’t go to the funeral even if they are multiple states away. Maybe your husband is trying to avoid hurt feelings among the people left behind?
Totally get that aspect but not the case here. I think part of it is his own guilt for not being more present when he was here so we will see. With the holiday and everything things are still up in the air
 
I'm trying out different cheeses for grilled cheese sandwiches at home.

This one used Sharp Cheddar cheese and Muenster cheese, grated on sourdough bread.

View attachment 421775

What are some of your favorite cheeses for grilled cheese sandwiches?
Add a little shredded mozzarella into the mix for excellent cheese pull qualities. Learned that trick from @SkiOtter.

I usually stick to cheddar and Monterey Jack with a little mozzarella.
 
I'm trying out different cheeses for grilled cheese sandwiches at home.

This one used Sharp Cheddar cheese and Muenster cheese, grated on sourdough bread.

View attachment 421775

What are some of your favorite cheeses for grilled cheese sandwiches?
Dill or pesto havarti mixed with mozz 😍
 
I'm trying out different cheeses for grilled cheese sandwiches at home.

This one used Sharp Cheddar cheese and Muenster cheese, grated on sourdough bread.

View attachment 421775

What are some of your favorite cheeses for grilled cheese sandwiches?
I had a pimento grilled cheese recently that was divine
 
Last edited:
I'm trying out different cheeses for grilled cheese sandwiches at home.

This one used Sharp Cheddar cheese and Muenster cheese, grated on sourdough bread.

View attachment 421775

What are some of your favorite cheeses for grilled cheese sandwiches?

That looks SO GOOD. I love a good grilled cheese.

When the mood strikes to use a fancy cheeses, I like a mild cheddar or possibly Colby Jack. I like add-ons like bacon bits or deli ham. I like fancy breads like Sourdough too.

My favorite trick is to buy a small block of cheese and grate it. I find that the freshly shredded cheese melts more evenly.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My red flag/hot take is that the single best grilled cheese is a basic ass white bread sandwich with two kraft singles stuffed in it.

Oh yeah, grilled cheese is comfort food. As such, the vast majority of the time, I like it the way my nana makes it, which is with Jewel brand white bread, lots of butter and American cheese. I find the deli counter American cheese melts a little better, so I use that and feel I am committing a crime against tradition every time I do!
 
My red flag/hot take is that the single best grilled cheese is a basic ass white bread sandwich with two kraft singles stuffed in it.
Over Christmas my body was taken over by the spirit of a 15 year old boy and I was STARVING and felt like I was gonna die unless I ate something

My mom proceeded to make the BEST grilled cheese and I smashed like two of them hahaha

Ok but do you do grilled cheese with ketchup??
 
Everyone, thanks for the great grilled cheese suggestions!

The vetties rock!!! 😎

Don't have Havarti cheese, bacon or other little bits at home right now.

Instead, used grated Monterey Jack, Colby and Mozzarella cheese blended with some sharp Cheddar cheese and Muenster cheese.

Lots of butter, sprinkled with a little bit of Parmesan cheese, all over two thick slices of sourdough bread.

Super-cheesy delicious!

1783693789726.png
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m getting slightly jealous that I’m at a dog scentwork trial and can’t just make myself a grilled cheese…


We did pick up steak for dinner at the hotel though, and my mom gave me a piece of my favorite peach pie from the local bakery yesterday when I dropped off one dog for babysitting…can’t wait for dessert.
 
So, the one pet-friendly apartment I found is across from the state university in the town where I will work. Almost all of their business is the university, naturally. I am 31. My employer also has a generous tuition reimbursement policy, so I plan to take some grad classes at the university to get more certifications, but I will mostly just be working. I don’t want to be creepy living there in my 30s while teaching high school. What do you think? Weird? Not weird?
 
Last edited: