Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Like, to adapt or change.

They kind of make sense that way, but then I think about them more and get all confused again. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

I just mad a dropbox account and I'm trying to put a pdf file on it, but it won't work. Does anyone know what to do about that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just had someone compare getting into vet school with trying to become a paleontologist. Not sure how I feel about that. But I want be like, no you don't know how hard it is to get into vet school until you try to get into vet school.

This is completely random, but a few nights ago I had a rather strange dream about being accepted into another vet school. I was seriously contemplating what to do (leave to go to the other school or stay where I was) even though I had already moved to Scotland and had started school. I really have no idea where that dream came from and it was strange because I was accepted to a school that I did not even apply to... ?? :shrug:

Just had someone compare getting into vet school with trying to become a paleontologist. Not sure how I feel about that. But I want be like, no you don't know how hard it is to get into vet school until you try to get into vet school.
Uhh ... what do dinosaur fossils have to do with vet med?? :eyebrow:

On an unrelated note ... how many of you have supportive significant others? My husband wants me to be happy and is supportive 85% of the time but occasionally I feel like he hopes I'll just stick with my first career so I don't put us in the poor house by going to vet school. Kind of frustrating because I can't imagine doing anything else with my life. Anyone else in a similar situation?? :smack:

Lol would have loved to hear that one.

Sent from my PC36100 using SDN Mobile

On an unrelated note ... how many of you have supportive significant others? My husband wants me to be happy and is supportive 85% of the time but occasionally I feel like he hopes I'll just stick with my first career so I don't put us in the poor house by going to vet school. Kind of frustrating because I can't imagine doing anything else with my life. Anyone else in a similar situation?? :smack:

I have to be honest, I am completely shocked at how supportive my SO has been through this entire process. He is like a changed man and always puts me first now. I literally didn't even know he had this side to his personality and it has been really great.
Sorry your hubs is having a little bit of trouble. Not everyone understands other peoples' dreams, and I agree that they should be supportive no matter what, but maybe for now 85% is all he can give :shrug:. Not trying to play devil's advocate, but different people want different things and maybe this is his compromise on his feelings. Not feeling supported is very frustrating though, so I completely empathize with you on that. Hope it reaches a level you feel better about soon. :(

I'm sorry. My husband has been amazingly supportive. It has been more of a give and take. I make sure to make some time for him EVERY day. Whether we walk the dog together or have dinner or whatever. It makes him feel important and in turn he's extra supportive. Granted he's always known this is my dream and it is my first career.

One of our anatomy professors is a dinosaur expert... ya know.. comparative anatomy and all. So there is that.

And personally, I feel 85% of the time is pretty good. That fact that he has some reservations but is still mostly supportive is pretty amazing. It is easy to be 100% supportive when you have no reservations:laugh:.

A professor showed us this today and I thought it was pretty funny and shareworthy.

[YOUTUBE]9jvwdJe7GrA[/YOUTUBE]

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys! I think he'll get there in time ... I'm leaving a well-paying job for a part time position as a vet assistant while I go back to school full time to finish prerequisites. I think maybe he's just feeling a bit pressured that he's going to have to carry us through! :eek: But on the same token we have no debt so I feel he shouldn't be as reserved as he is ...

Vet school is outrageously expensive, so I will accept his reservations at for now :)

Last edited:
Just going to leave this here...

[YOUTUBE]8U4zemqaq68[/YOUTUBE]

I have some funny vet cartoon things I want to post. I have them saved as jpegs but can't figure out how to upload them here. Help!

I have some funny vet cartoon things I want to post. I have them saved as jpegs but can't figure out how to upload them here. Help!
As far as I know you can attach files with the little paper clip tool, or you can link to another website with the little mountain photo tool.

A lot of people use websites like photobucket to upload their pictures and then link to that site. I know nothing about that. sorry.

Hmm ... not seeing a paperclip tool
When you hit quote (or post reply)...

There are 2 lines of toolbars on the space above where you type your message.

On the top line You should see this:

clear.gif

separator.gif
smilie.gif
menupop.gif

attach.gif
menupop.gif

separator.gif
undo.gif

redo.gif

paper clip is the third from their right that looks like, well, a paper clip.

Seriously. Someone suggest something.... Lol

Mmm ... best sandwich ever, this is my creation:

Whole wheat bread, 1 slice of provolone cheese, romaine lettuce, cucumber, tomato, carrot, radish, onion, sprouts, avocado, and artichoke hearts. Drizzle a bit of Italian dressing in there and it's AMAZING!! :D

LOVE these ...

Attachments

• LookDoc.gif
    40.8 KB · Views: 50
Mmm ... best sandwich ever, this is my creation:

Whole wheat bread, 1 slice of provolone cheese, romaine lettuce, cucumber, tomato, carrot, radish, onion, sprouts, avocado, and artichoke hearts. Drizzle a bit of Italian dressing in there and it's AMAZING!! :D

It does soound amazing, but I don't think I could get my mouth around that. Think I'd make it into a salad!

Does anyone know of a website blocker that will temporarily block a website for a specific amount of time?

I'm gathering you're spending too much time here?:laugh:

Tell someone you trust your password and have them change it. Then email them when you want back.

I'm gathering you're spending too much time here?:laugh:

Tell someone you trust your password and have them change it. Then email them when you want back.

Yes, spending too much time here...

I need something that will completely block SDN so that I can't even look at it. Not so that I can't just not sign in.

Downloading a temporary website blocker right now...

It is supposed to block the website you tell it to block for the amount of time you tell it to... And you don't have access to unblock it or change that time frame...

It is supposed to block the website you tell it to block for the amount of time you tell it to... And you don't have access to unblock it or change that time frame...

good luck with your studies. We'll be here when you come back :)

Before you block yourself, post the link to the download please!

The block works... But the longest it will block a website for is 12 hours... I guess that is a good thing... Can't really study for 12 straight hours anyway. ;)

Tomorrow when I get home the block goes up permanently.

Haha, there are ways around those apps if you know how to use the terminal (for Mac programs).