Rank List Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chetmanley

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Another current applicant for rads done with interviews and having trouble ranking. I would ask someone else, but my rads advisor is extremely biased towards my home institution. I also have a few friends in residency but they self-admit they are biased on where they want me to go (they want me to go to them for training so we can hang out).

I mostly care about the quality of training (getting to see and do as much as possible), although living in a fun city would be a bonus. Don't care about the weather as much - from the midwest and used to snow (actually love both water and snow sports).

Any input is GREATLY appreciated - Thanks!

Boston University Medical Center
Indiana University
University of Minnesota
Jackson Memorial Hospital/Univ. of Miami (FL)
Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein
University of Wisconsin
Medical College of Wisconsin
Baylor (Houston)
Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
Loyola University

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Best training - Indiana, Wisconsin, Montefiore

Best location - Santa Barbara

Disappointed I didn't get an interview at Cottage. Would love to work there as an attending.

Best training - Indiana, Wisconsin, Montefiore

Best location - Santa Barbara

Disappointed I didn't get an interview at Cottage. Would love to work there as an attending.

And their physicians are getting paid significantly less than other areas, even much less than big cities like SF, SD, LA or NYC.

And their physicians are getting paid significantly less than other areas, even much less than big cities like SF, SD, LA or NYC.

Oh, wasn't aware of that. Just love Santa Barbara in general.

Applied to Monte as a back up honestly, ended up really liking it and will probably rank it in my top 4-5. Residents seemed very happy there. Don't have any doubts about deficits in the program, would probably rank even higher if it werent for the location.

Oh, wasn't aware of that. Just love Santa Barbara in general.

Santa Barbara as a city was fantastic but they spent most of the interview day boasting about their perks and not so much of the training - and I don't know what kind of rep it has out there.

Also wondering if anybody has any info on Boston University and Miami - two schools that I felt like put on a good show at the interview but nobody really talks about.

Applied to Monte as a back up honestly, ended up really liking it and will probably rank it in my top 4-5. Residents seemed very happy there. Don't have any doubts about deficits in the program, would probably rank even higher if it werent for the location.
Monte is a great program. I would rate it as #4 in NYC for DR.