Rank List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

treadmillrunner

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many programs are canidates planning to rank?

Members don't see this ad.

How many programs are canidates planning to rank?

I was told by mentors 10. NMRP stats show that applicants who ranked at least 10 programs had a 99.9% match rate in past years.

I'm attending 10 interviews and ranking 10 programs.

I was told by mentors 10. NMRP stats show that applicants who ranked at least 10 programs had a 99.9% match rate in past years.

I'm attending 10 interviews and ranking 10 programs.

I'm doing the exact same. I originally thought I'd want to do more but I can't imagine doing any more interviews. Every place pretty much sounds the same by this point so I'm going with gut instinct.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm doing the exact same. I originally thought I'd want to do more but I can't imagine doing any more interviews. Every place pretty much sounds the same by this point so I'm going with gut instinct.

Exactly! Gut + location. I haven't found a single program yet that I feel I would be miserable at, but I picked my interviews/applications based on location which is a huge factor for me, so that probably helps.

I'm only at 8/10 and I'm totally burnt out of interviewing. Which I expected from what I remembered of interviewing for med school.

I was told by mentors 10.
I was too. I'm going on a few extra interviews though, just in case.

I'm only at 8/10 and I'm totally burnt out of interviewing. Which I expected from what I remembered of interviewing for med school.
What makes it worse is that you're doing the same number of interviews in half the amount of time, or less. :hungover: