Rank these schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DBR

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wake Forest, Case Western, Iowa, MCW, Penn State. Please order from 1 most desirable to 5 least desirable.

Members don't see this ad.

Wake Forest, Case Western, Iowa, MCW, Penn State. Please order from 1 most desirable to 5 least desirable.

This is based on speculation:

Case Western
Penn State
Wake Forest
MCW
Iowa

Members don't see this ad :)
This is based on speculation:

Case Western
Penn State
Wake Forest
MCW
Iowa

nevermind, I misread the OP. "Desirable" is relative. What you desire from a med school may be different than what I'm looking for. Based on my desires, which in large part are based on closeness to the midwest, it'd be:

1.case
2.iowa
3.penn state
4.mcw
5. wake

I desire schools in reverse alphabetical order:

1)Wake
2)Penn State
3)MCW
4)Iowa
5)Case

Personally, if I don't get into a school above "R" I'm reapplying. So I'm shooting for Stewart University this year.

I desire schools in reverse alphabetical order:

1)Wake
2)Penn State
3)MCW
4)Iowa
5)Case

Personally, if I don't get into a school above "R" I'm reapplying. So I'm shooting for Stewart University this year.
I like your logic. Give me a call if you want to go into private practice together:D

my personal preference

1) Wake
2) Iowa
3) MCW
4) case
5) penn state.

I can use the same...what about Miami Miller, Georgetown, Tulane, and Florida...same way of ranking...

Miami
tulane
GT
Florida

honestly there really isnt a difference in reputation and you need to pick the one that you feel fits your style and is the most affordable.

ok how about these...

pitt, unc, mt sinai, emory, case

(this isn't hypothetical, I have been interviewed or accepted at these places)

ok how about these...

Tuition aside I would do it like this:

Emory
Pitt
Mt. Sinai
UNC
Case ( I dont think ill enjoy PBL)

ok how about these...

Rofl this reminds me of when you get your vision checked and he goes... is it 1 or 2? 3 or 4? 1 or 4?

I'll bite though:

Pitt>case>emory>unc>mt sinai

Congratulations at getting interviews/acceptances at such awesome schools!

ok how about these...

If you want to live in NYC:

Mt Sinai > Pitt > the rest (tie)

If you don't really care about living in NYC:

Pitt > the rest (tie)

Now, combining everything together:

Tier 1
Pitt

Tier 2
Penn State
Georgetown
Tulane

Tier 3
Case Western
Emory
Florida
Iowa
MCW
Mt. Sinai
UNC
Wake Forest

Tier 4
Miami Miller

I like things based on convenience of pronouncing school name. And thus, Pitt takes the cake.

In actuality... I like Pitt simply cause of the feel I got from it.

And Case is pretty decent too.

Sorry FSM, don't know much about the schools you listed.

[pj];6172404 said:
Now, combining everything together:

Tier 1
Pitt

Tier 2
Penn State
Georgetown
Tulane

Tier 3
Case Western
Emory
Florida
Iowa
MCW
Mt. Sinai
UNC
Wake Forest

Tier 4
Miami Miller

I like things based on convenience of pronouncing school name. And thus, Pitt takes the cake.

How can you possibly rank Mt Sinai and Case Western on third tier? Are you nuts? Penn State and Tulane? They are teh sux! What's the logic behind the ranking?

UNC is not a third tier school. It is on the same level as Pitt. Case Western is probably close behind.

How can you possibly rank Mt Sinai and Case Western on third tier? Are you nuts? Penn State and Tulane? They are teh sux! What's the logic behind the ranking?

UNC is not a third tier school. It is on the same level as Pitt. Case Western is probably close behind.

You should read my explanation of how I ranked things.:banana:

Did you guys read the posters logic??

"I like things based on convenience of pronouncing school name. And thus, Pitt takes the cake."

Sarcasm aside, this is all a classic pre-allo example of why these types of questions are always arbitrary and almost meaningless. There are no official "tiers," people just make them up and classify schools as to why they feel they are important. The only thing close are the USnews rankings for research funding and primary care which are both flawed and just as meaningless to the individual applicant. OP, you will never get a straight answer to this that would actually help you choose one of these institutions. You just have to figure out for yourself which school is a better for you.

Yeah, I kinda got that he seemed to be going by syllables, but "MCW" would have five syllables and is in the third tier. I figured that justified dismissing his whole structure and whining about it.