RANK THIS PLEASE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i know this isn't really out there that much, but rank the following . Base it on your own criteria.
DO, MD, DDS, DPM, OD, PA, RN, DMD, DC

Members don't see this ad.

First of all I don't know what a DMD is. Does it have anything to do with monkeys?

But here is my ranking;
1. DO
2. DPM
3. DDS
4. OD
5. RN
6. PA
7. MD
8. DC
9. DMD

Hope this helps,

Seeya

I ranked these based on the training and respect I have for each profession:
1) DO, MD
2) DDS, DMD
3) OD
4) RN
5) PA
6) DPM
7) DC

Members don't see this ad :)
jmor, did you really want to start another flame war here? I understand that you may favor DO as your career and choice, but it's unfair to rank MD all the way down to the bottom. Wouldn't it be more reasonable to rank 1. MD (public recognition), 2. DO, 3.DDS, 4.PA (with HMO, this is great), 5. RN, 6. DC, 7 OD (with lasik, this profession won't be much effective any more), 8 DPM (i'd rather see a MD/DO than DPM) and lastly, DMD (I don't know what DMD is, does it have something to do with acupuncture?).

Based on preparation as professionals and competitiveness to enter each career:
1. DO/MD (4 yrs school + residency)
2. DPM (4 yrs school + residency)
3. DDS/DMD (4 yrs school, seldom residency)
4. OD (4 yrs)
5. DC (4 yrs)
6. PA (depends, some bachelor some masters)
7. RN (undergrad degree)

This is silly quite frankly!

Why would you think of ranking professions? Each one is UNIQUE in its own right and has no superiority over the other whatsoever! Why would an RN be inferior compared to an MD? They NEED each other (actually more so for the MD) to make things work! Aren't we missing the obvious main goal here...like the combination of ALL professions to provide good health service for the public! Everybody is different in their respective field, but that doesn't make one better than the other...regardless of training! I NEED them as much as they NEED me!

Quit with the ranking even if it is only for entertainment! It serves NO purpose & will just create unnecessary flame forums!

Rob
MS III

[This message has been edited by Future DOc (edited 07-12-2000).]

How stupid is this? Just, unbelieveable!
keep posting.

------------------
siul

yes i do agree that this post question is worthless. Although..lets not let this topic die. So i ask all of you to write anything valuable..favorite quote...any valuable tips...motivation...or just school comparision. THank YOu!!!!! Long LIVE this TOPIC

Do not rank these! They are all of great importance. Each is an integral member of the health care TEAM. Whether you are in the hospital or the Doctor's office, each person in the spectrum (from MD/DO to DDS/DMD to RN to MED TECH to Housekeeping, etc) is an important contributor to patient care. If you do not believe me, call a strike and have a single group not come to work for a few days. You will see how much you have been taking for granted.

------------------
"What we do in life, echoes in eternity..." Gen. Maximus

Please rank the following. I really am in a quandary, and need all your help!

Peanut butter and jelly
Toy French poodles
Fire hydrants
The Space Shuttle
Al Bundy
The Classic from Kurosawa "The Seven Samurai"

This is embarassing. Why is this kind of stuff necessary??????????
DMD = doctor of medical dentistry.
DDS = doctor of dental surgery

c'mon folks. have we all come to THIS?

Future DOc,

I couldn't help but scan through these answers and see that your's is one of the finest and an intelligent answers, to what is kind of an odd question.

As a DC, I do not view any particular profession as being ranked ahead or below another. What I do, fullfills a niche and perhaps covers an aspect to health care that another healing arts are unable to do. Likewise with cases that I see; not all are for me to address and require referral.

To place anyone above or below is usually a pretty good indicator of the knowledge one lacks regarding that particular field.

interesting conversation...

Members don't see this ad :)
lets rank this then:
Bobby Knight
Bill Gates
Dustin Hoffman
Stephen Hawking
Kathy Lee Gifford

right on Rob! this is an excercise in the insulting of one's intelligence; these professions are unique and uncomparable, each one is equally important; to try to "rank" this based on education, income, prestige, sexyness, or whatever, is a mindless endeavor for those eager in sharpening their prejudicial skills.

okay guys, not to take the evil guy's spot, but i am going to try to prove you all wrong.
first off, it doesn't matter if we rank them. I know every education is important, and a critical link to the chain. However, everyone of them is not equal in terms of what they can and cant do. Face it..a RN and an MD are both very very important..but not the same in other levels. So the point is, that thier is nothing to be ashamed where everyone is ranked. Everyone in here makes such a big deal that " oh my GOD, we have to act smart and say that this question is not good." that is absolutely wrong. So what if we rank them. Why do they rank other things? One should not FEEL ASHAMED of where they are in terms of level. That is the point everyone is missing. If i am a PA or RN, i will do the job to the best of my abilities. Same goes for other professions.

Pauls Bout.

Thanks for the laugh.

Great response.

I ranked these based on my perceived importance to my everyday life:

1) Peanut Butter and Jelly
2) Fire Hydrants / Space shuttle
4) Al Bundy
5) "The Seven Samurai" / French Poodles

I only hope I haven't offended people who prefer Peanut Butter and Honey sandwiches. If I have, I apologize in advance. Pilot

Well not to start a flame war or anything but I guess it depends on what KIND of peanut butter you are talking about. I believe anybody who eats creamy peanut butter is a communist but that is just a humble opinion.

Peter Pan Crunchy, but I will use any crunchy in a bind except for that natural, no preservative junk...Pilot

AL Bundy has to go to the top. Come on..he is a top notch actor. Face it- who else can put thier hands down their pants the way he did. He walked and talked with ease. and his job is one of the best. I think he sold a total of 0 shoes in my 3 years of watching it. Anyway...that's is my 2 cents $$$$$$

I for one am OUTRAGED!!!!! If you want peanuts then go to a ballgame! Peanut BUTTER was meant to be creamy. I know I've set myself up for some pretty harsh replies, but I feel strongly on this and am willing to take that risk.

SEVEN SAMURAI!!!

Yes!

How bout "the Hidden Fortress"

Gotta go with the crunchy stuff. But why the hell is it, all I can find in the cupboard is creamy. Oh well, I guess I'll have to break down and dish out the couple of bucks to get a new jar.

I think we are all missing the point though. The true question at hand is have you taken the Pepsi Challenge. Sorry Mr. Sosa, I went with the Coke.

Great, now I have a sudden desire for New Coke.....
biggrin.gif