ranking academic curriculum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ucd

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems the 4 most popular caribbean schools are St.george, Ross, Saba, and AUC. For those who have attended one of these schools can you give any insight about the difficulty of your curriculum.

Exp) How many people start your program and how many people end up getting kicked out?

Also, for people at Ross, is it true that the school has an extremelly rigorous program which purposely helps weed out the people? Sorry if this seems like an ignorant statement, just what I've heard. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I have not attended any of these schools, HOWEVER, two of the former professors of SABA teach anatomy/physiology/gross anatomy at my University. These are all undergrad courses (though we have been told that our gross anatomy is about 90 percent of what we will do in med school). Anyway, these professors are both very tough and very loved among the students. Considering that many students hate taking classes with professors that have thick foreign accents, this is amazing since they both do. I have had both of these professors and I can tell you that they are both very well trained in their field, good communicators, patient, loving and great lecturers. If this is indicative of what to expect from that school, it can't be bad. Neither of them left because the didn't like it (they happen to be married), but for opportunistic reasons. Both promote the Caribbean schools in general.